1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilot

Don

2. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I'm not sure if this new thread every couple of days is warranted? :confused:

Anyway, I've just watched QT on iPlayer and this situation with the government persuading candidates not to stand against them; is that legal?

3. Murphy

Mobster

Personally I'd go for option two, have enough staff so both a constant flow of heart attack patients and people with broken legs can get seen in a reasonable time.

4. doodah

Capodecina

How many BXP stood down at the last minute yesterday (on top of the ~317 from the other day)?

5. Rilot

Don

Every couple of days? It's every 2 weeks.

6. Dolph

Man of Honour

Still lib Dems. The Labour offer is getting steadily worse, with a whole raft of policies that absolutely require brexit to deliver.

Still won't stop some people advocating that liberal remainers have to vote for the racist Authoritarian Brexiteer though.

7. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I hadn't noticed, I've just noticed it happen a couple of times now. Is it a restriction with the poll or something?

8. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

I think it's about testing voting intentions over time. Having a poll back when parliament was dissolved is interesting, but what's much more interesting is seeing the opinion change over time based first on media performance and then the release of manifestos.

9. chrismscotland

Mobster

Still SNP

10. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

You mean more information becomes available and therefore people are likely to change their minds? :eek:

11. 200sols

Mobster

Labour and conservatives continue to discredit themselves, these spending pledges are getting ridiculous now. Conservatives have had 10 years of failed promises now, why anyone would believe them this time is beyond me and voting for a govt led by people like Corbyn and Abbot is inconceivable.

12. Rilot

Don

Pretty much, yeah.

13. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

That was my working theory in 2016, I'm reliably informed by people with special interests however that this is definitely not the case, I'm compelled to take their viewpoint as gospel because, and I quote "sovereignty".

14. McGray

Mobster

I'm not sure voting every two weeks is very democratic.

15. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

Lib Dem, the three strategic voting websites recommend Lib Dem so that's what I'm going for. I'm not sure they fit my requirements on a national level but the candidate is well educated with a background in strategic consultancy linked to both leadership and green energy so on a candidate level he aligns quite well with what I want to see.

16. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

That's not compatible with the "will of the people©" :p

17. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Still Lib Dem.

I’ve just seen the Statement of Persons Nominated for my constituency and we have:

Conservative
    Labour
    Lib Dem
    Green

Nothing like splitting the remain vote… not that it really matters as the previous Con MP had a majority of over 26,000…

He’s one of the moderates who is standing down, the woman who’s replacing him has been parachuted in from my old constituency… just when I thought I’d seen the back of her. :rolleyes:

18. FoxEye

Capodecina

Still LibDem for me.

@GordyR How's your head this morning? :p

19. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I'm seeing this a lot, and I keep asking myself when we decided not to have an election and have a referendum instead?

I voted in the last poll to spoil my ballot, and I'm sticking to that for this one too. I think it's disgusting how this election is being engineered to be a second EU referendum. People are being asked to vote on their choice of government, but that vote is being narrowed by choice based on the Brexit policy of individual parties.

Creating "pacts" with other parties in order to narrow the choice is bad enough, but the allegations of threats and bribes from the Tories is outrageous. Again I ask, in all seriousness, is that even legal?

20. GordyR

Soldato

Very sore. :p

To make matters worse I’m currently sitting in the dentist waiting room about to undergo a two hour appointment. Those beers were a definite mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.