1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quartz

Capodecina

Yes, but you need to add her catastrophic election policies that attacked her core voters, her poor campaign trail performance, her dithering, and her generally being a complete waste of space.

2. stockhausen

Capodecina

Bonker Boris and his band of Bullingdon Boyz don't feel the need to get the approval of the Plebs . . . or of Parliament.

He can rely on his chums in the right-wing press - AKA The Sun, The Daily Wail, The Daily Express and the Torygraph.

He is one step removed from a dictator.

3. RobHu

Gangster

It’s not political bias to empty chair someone that refuses to join a debate along with the leaders of all other major parties. All broadcasters should be doing this to all parties. Dodging debates is robbing the electorate of their chance to be as informed as possible before voting. Which I suppose is what the tories are relying on so unsurprising :).

4. Quartz

Capodecina

But the Conservatives are willing to send someone - Gove - just not Boris. You can read the Tories' letter to Ofcom here. I've excerpted an important bit about C4 bias below:

[​IMG]

5. StriderX

Caporegime

It was a party leader debate, having anyone else is pointless, i'm sure you'll now gladly bend over for the right wing party shouting about how it'll attack a broadcaster because it made it look bad by not showing up?

No doubt you will now defend the Tory party for something (controlling the media) you'd viciously attack Labour for as being authoritarian. This is also the party wishing to review the Supreme court's place in the country's constitution, what if Labour said they wanted to do that?

These are two acts which (and i'm going to godwin for fun) Hitler did in the run up to being leader for life.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  6. Quartz

Capodecina

Really? I thought it was a debate about climate change.

7. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Sure, but if I understood the link @Journey posted and @Murphy's post correctly — the money used by the BoE to buy that existing debt didn't exist until they decided to buy it:

So the BoE 'printed' new money then used that new money to buy existing debt. This is where I think people are getting confused (myself included).

The act of the BoE printing new money doesn't increase the public debt which makes sense because increasing the supply of money doesn't increase debt if it isn't borrowed from anywhere.

This is the 'accounting trick' that @Murphy refers to.

I get that bit now.

Another point where I was confused was that the debt doubled between 2008 and 2012, in part to 'bail out the banks'. I always assumed (incorrectly) that this included the £375 of QE but I see now that 'bailing out the banks' was actually the part-nationalisation of RBS, HBOS and Lloyds.

8. dowie

Caporegime

Yes, essentially though they don't need to literally print it.

Well UK national debt increased too during the financial crisis, quite substantially and rather rapidly, that wasn't as a result of QE though (QE doesn't reduce public debt though, or only does so in so far as it could help make borrowing cheaper). Here is a chart from the ONS for example - it's quite a big jump!

[​IMG]

9. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Ouch:

He's made his own wife a single mother, and clearly cheated on her several times as he has at least two children with other women, whilst married.

10. StriderX

Caporegime

And he has an NDA about another possible child with another woman, god knows why. He's a delightful person really.

11. BowdonUK

Mobster

So lets say he wrote those things, how does this compare with Corbyn standing with terrorists, literally enemies of our country?

Media bait picked up by the usual suspects.

12. StriderX

Caporegime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmm, should we also forget that her government (and others) funded literal terrorists in the UVF and such forth inside our own borders?

[​IMG]

The UDR being a literal Army unit of course.

[​IMG]

Adding for the fun of it.

[​IMG]

13. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Sure, hence the inverted commas. ;)

Yeah, I got there eventually. As I said, it was a misunderstanding on my part about 'bailing out the banks' but I understand it now. :)

P.s. I'm not ignoring your post in the Private School thread, I'm just working on a reply.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

If we aren't including context, then "standing with" is not as bad as the conservatives who have an actual ex IRA member as a councillor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Gatland

15. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

There is clearly something disturbing about him where he has a history of creating unmarried mothers but he described them as

and the children he helped create as

A Psychiatrist would have a field day.

16. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

I wonder if the student loans will start to become a problem for the tax payer soon.

End of last financial year there was £121Bn of student debt, and a further £16Bn is lent annually.
    The government only expects 30% to repay in full so the 70% that will make between zero and 99.99999% repayments are the ones we will eventually pick up the bill for.

17. chroniclard

Capodecina

Seems like you are the one swallowing the media bait on corbyn the terrorist.

18. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

I see what you are saying - just to be clear I wasn't rude to him at all. No need for that as he was perfectly polite. It was just a quick exchange and he was on his way again.

19. Quartz

Capodecina

Wow. Good point.

20. Quartz

Capodecina

Shouldn't that be a DNA? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.