1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BowdonUK

Mobster

Here is Corbyn rallying the troops!

2. StriderX

Capodecina

They wouldn't be behind enemy lines then in the first place, problem solved. No one has enjoyed any conflict we've been a part of in the last 20 years anyway.

3. Rilot

Don

It's looking likely that this Spitting Image clip is going to be accurate again:

4. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

In the current climate, that is so true.

5. Uther

Capodecina

Have you heard of a woman called Nazanin, and how our current PM has helped her case...

6. mattyfez

Sgarrista

2 hours ago

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-)
    LAB: 34% (+2)
    LDEM: 13% (-1)
    BREX: 4% (+1)
    GRN: 3% (+1)

via @PanelbaseMD, 27 – 28 Nov
    Chgs. w/ 22 Nov

7. stockhausen

Capodecina

Why should Bonker Boris - or stupid, selfish Tory voters care about her, she looks a wee bit "foreign" and is a woman anyhow :confused:

8. Quartz

Capodecina

I agree.

Last time I checked the debate was about climate change.

Agreed.

9. BowdonUK

Mobster

More whataboutery. I show you a video of a man publically attacking British forces and you change the subject.

10. Harlequin

Mobster

Any comments on the BoJo interview today on LBC? He confirmed that the nurses number is 19,00 retained (but not the how) and 31,000 new (again not the how), and also the hsoptials would be 36 rebuilds and 4 totally new. The snippet on TTIP being the UK<>USA trade deal was interesting as well.

11. Murphy

Mobster

So much wrong with the claims made in that tweet, firstly they weren't behind enemy lines as it happened around September 2005, 9 months after the Iraqi Transitional Government had been elected, secondly there's no mention of them being in the dark, alone, suffering torture and interrogation, mock executions and thinking every minute might be your last in the BBC article on the incident, thirdly if you're negotiating with the authorities for their release perhaps surrounding the police station that refused orders from the government and smashing through the walls with an armored vehicle isn't a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they weren't in danger or the police handing them over to militants wasn't concerning, however that tweet couldn't be more wrong, the PM (afaict) wasn't even involved as the decision to storm the police station was taken by the commanding officer.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

13. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

The point being discussed was Johnson's attitude to single mothers, and it was being pointed out that he was responsible for single mothers. None of this had anything to do with Corbyn or terrorists.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

There are two camps, the 8% margin and the 12% margin, based off of i believe one polling group putting BXP as a prompt vs putting them in 'Other', perhaps other shenanigans.

But honestly as i continue to moan about, this is an acutely focused election and there could be several unconventional upsets, turnout is also as ever important. In seats the Lib Dems wont win, it could very well be that they just vote another party instead, mostly Labour realistically. In seats they could win, i imagine Labour voters might switch, but... god knows.

For BXP, i guess it depends on if they actually follow through, which seems likely, but it's pretty much impossible for them to win anything as it'll just go Tory. Which is a bit irrelevant honestly, if your vote in effect means a party you have a distaste for over a period of decades wins, you've effectively voted for them anyway, so why not just do it... I guess it's a protest, but you could protest just as well by actually voting in the 2nd largest party. Suppose we'll see.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  15. D.P.

Caporegime

I think it is undeniable now that the polls are closing, just like with May. The question will be if the trend continues, and then how are the pollsters handling this unusual and complex election. I still expect a Tory majority but it will liekly be small., 334 seats or such.

16. doodah

Capodecina

Not that an MP's personal life should matter much to us but is it not weird that our PM can't or won't confirm how many children he has......

17. garnett

Soldato

That you follow a chap called "loyaldefender2k" explains a lot.

Did you feel any sense of irony at all reading his posts about London Bridge and how "the lefty media is already playing the blame game" interspersed with his posts about how Corbyn is to blame for it all?

Thought not.

Edit... Screenshot for the hypocrisylolz...

[​IMG]

18. chroniclard

Capodecina

Mini Trump is possibly protecting the identity of illegitimate love children.

19. dowie

Caporegime

No need to apologise. I was trying to address the actual point you made - I think it is a flawed point, that was my reply to it. Something carried out as a part of the BoE's independent monetary policy with something completely different - you can't just look at the quantity of bonds purchased via Qe and draw some equivalence with uncosted public spending commitments. I mean do you also compare the reverse, QT, with say increasing taxation and/or running a surplus.. it doesn't make any sense. I'm not trying to gloss over anything here and I don't think there is anything to reconcile, it is just a flawed comparison and I'm sorry to say but it does seem like a bit of whataboutery.

Again though, this is getting into straw man territory, I mean just go back and re-read the last bit of my previous post, I specifically referred to this - you brought up the infrastructure spending not me. I didn't use that as an example and there is more to Labour's spending commitments than nationalising companies by swapping equity for gilts.

I'm sorry but putting forth the same points again but in a more polite way doesn't make them any more valid, it isn't like I haven't read what you said the previous few times either.

20. dowie

Caporegime

Brilliant, the guy is just utterly deluded... I love his hot take on a literal kidnapping.

Some Shia militia men/terrorist actually kidnap British soldiers and he sides with the terrorists FFS! :D

The pair were handed over to their militia buddies and could well have been executed - fortunately some officers took some decisive action (this wasn't the government of the day acting tough either, the rescue operation was launched without any political approval) and they were rescued.

It isn't too surprising to, yet again, see Comrade Corbyn side with terrorist. I mean this is the guy who appeared on stage alongside an IRA member who was, at the time, wanted for the murder of a British soldier... not to mention inviting terrorists to tea at Westminster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.