1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I didn't want to.post this in the actual terror thread as I think some of that conversation is a bit disrespectful

2. stockhausen

Capodecina

All the more reason to vote strategically to ensure that the Tories don't get a majority.

3. Sankari

Capodecina

4. StriderX

Capodecina

No more disrespectful than Priti Patel lying about it being Labours fault, obviously politicising it is terrible, but this isn't a respectful election.

Even if it were true, the Tories have been in government for the last 9 years... So i can understand the mudsling as they're desperate to have people ignore that fact.

5. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I will post this though: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-chav-loser-burglar-drug-addict-a9227941.html

6. Sankari

Capodecina

7. Dolph

Man of Honour

Context is key here, she was responding to a Labour politican (former home secretary yvette Cooper) at the time, so while someone was electioneering...

This was the original tweet:

Patel's response was:

Now, both are stretching the truth and credibility, it to pretend this is some sort of evil tory issue is rather dishonest.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

They've been in government for 9 years, so dishonesty aside, they could have done any number of legislative means to resolve this, and it would appear they were warned on the effects of the reforms they did actually carry out under Grayling (a much maligned MP). (I loathe to use the trope of common sense, so I wont bother bringing that senseless argument into this)

Either way it's not a simple problem and i'll leave the mud on the ground, as the blame game is without merit realistically (both camps have blame, for different reasons), beyond the fact that if they disagreed with Labour's policies they could have changed it sensibly.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  9. Murphy

Mobster

I can't work out why the Conservatives are going with the whole it's Labour's fault thing, even if it's true doesn't that reflect rather badly on them? If they've not fixed the issues, as they see them, caused by the last Labour government in all that time what have they been doing, what have we been paying them for, it's like they're not aware that they've been in power for all this time.

It's the same with all the talk of more police, nurses, hospitals, spending, and whatever else they're promising, do they really think the electorate are unaware that it's the same party?

While every person who voted to leave the EU probably isn't going to vote for the Conservatives I'd guess a large proportion are and even that seems contradictory, the "we voted for Brexit for change" and "I've got nothing to lose" lines were fairly common but now it seems those same people are voting for a party who's been in power for a decade, that's not change, and then we're told Labour would wreck the economy, that apparently wasn't important in the Brexit vote, that's not "I've got nothing to lose", it's most odd.

10. dowie

Caporegime

Funny how Comrade Corbyn doesn’t take that line with the ISIS leader who was also wearing a suicide vest and used it!

He states right away that he should have been put on trial when arguably an arrest would have been even more difficult.

Labour didn’t seem to place much emphasis on increasing sentences of terrorists in their manifesto, just seems to be the (current) Tories that have flagged it as an issue to review.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

I can certainly see the desire for a globally endangering terrorist going to The Hague and standing trial, Corbyn has the right ideological position on this, but forgets that it's all rather heat of the moment and the risk is too great that collateral damage is caused (reality isn't fair). We could just continue to hide behind the US doing the job for us though, that seems to work out pretty well, it's not like we killed al-Baghdadi or Bin Laden. (though yes there are plenty of British ISIS or otherwise that are dealt with in a procedural manner as it is now, I have no doubt in my mind that the military would just do it anyway regardless of the PM's position)

Anyway I don't think you care that much when you **** out funny names for people instead of just being mature, I don't have the patience to write 'bonkers' in front of the PM's first name, it's not like we learn anything new about the person's views, it's just facile, but do continue.

12. robfosters

Caporegime

Yet the party that wants to deliver brexit is still way in the lead. Plus, standing down over 300 candidates would account for a lot of that.

13. Murphy

Mobster

Only that's not what he said, was it, this is what he said...

(direct link)
    He was very clear that if we're to stand by the rule of law that if it was possible he should have been arrested and put on trial.

When dealing with anyone who's broken the law should we not attempt to arrest them and put them on trial, shouldn't lethal force be a matter of last resort?

14. StriderX

Capodecina

Which version of Brexit though?

15. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Marr is giving Boris both barrels regarding them blaming Labour for the law change, when they've been in power for the past 10 years and haven't changed it.

16. Sankari

Capodecina

You mean one of the four parties that want to deliver Brexit.

17. StriderX

Capodecina

Bet he regrets not going with Neil now, but Marr is probably not going to be as good regardless.

18. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Yep, and Johnson just keeps talking over him to avoid any more questions, offering weak nonsense about a note that was left in the treasury a decade ago. Yes, they've been in power for 10 years but it's all Labour's fault. :rolleyes:

19. dowie

Caporegime

He was commenting on a specific incident - he didn't state that "ideally" they would arrest the ISIS leader... he directly criticised them.

Strangely enough he's gone for a different take on the London Bridge attacker given the election is 2 weeks away.

Yes you add in a little moan like that - he is Comrade Corbyn whether you like that or not.

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

It does have a point, in that the usual crowd of frothers/russians/msm would be raging about it if it was Labour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.