1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brookert

Mobster

I think both offerings were a bit crap. If your vote is swayed by that load of bullcrap then you have a genuine mental issue.

2. jimjamuk

Mobster

Yeah you are right there is no way I'd ever vote for JC. Theres actually no amount of persuasion that would change my mind if he is leading that party

3. FoxEye

Capodecina

Yup. This electorate is beyond help, if this is representative of most people.

4. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

They were both **** pretty much sums it up.

Corbyn had more substance for most of questions but couldn’t answer the question on how he would campaign in a second referendum and I think that’s going to hurt him.

Johnson kept repeating sound bites and brought everything back to Brexit. He made some forceful statements such as “I can say categorically that the NHS is not up for sale” but we know he’s full of **** so only the gullible will be taken in by it.

The whole thing was poor from start to finish.

5. Uther

Sgarrista

When Johnson is live and has to think on the hoof most people think 'hang on a minute...'

6. amigafan2003

Capodecina

I've yet to see one proper analysis that says any of Labours proposals are unworkable. Undesirable (depending on your point of view - i.e. wealthy, CEO, investment banker, share holders etc) maybe, but unworkable, no. Most of the arguments against are entrenched in the increasingly discredited "treat the nations finances in the same way you do with household finances" that even the Tories seem to have abandoned. Sovereign debt just doesn't work that way.

I also can't believe the amount of people arguing against a 4 day working week (working class especially) in spite of the increasingly large amounts of evidence pointing to it being a good thing. I really wish we had evidence based policy making in this country, but with attitudes like this, I'm disinclined to believe it will ever come to pass.

7. Mr C

Hitman

Boris: slogan, slogan, brexit slogan, keep talking after being told to stop *points over there but Corbyn.
    Corbyn: crooked glasses, asked a direct question refused to answer it clearly, failed to take the attack back to Boris

ITV debate: 10 minutes for Brexit, NHS, Economy, 50 minutes for stupid question (christmas presents) stupid question (prince andrew) stupid question (what about the monarchy) stupid proclamation (shake hands before ad break)

The host had zero control on the debate.

It was dismal from both sides and everybody involved should be ashamed of themselves.

8. StriderX

Capodecina

I would also take that as a 'who's less ****' contest and both lost, 51-49 is within error. I wish they would just release the tables, the 'dont knows' are important.

Realistically though, this is a problem for Swinson that Corbyn is 50-50 more or less.

9. amigafan2003

Capodecina

Why is a 4 day week madness?

Almost my entire 15 year career at Hewlett Packard was spent working a 4 day week and it worked very well.

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

Every time I've seen a Labour "costing" under the current leadership there has been a big bit of hand waving over the fact that X amount is being "lost" due to the actions of elite/privileged/big business and by making changes X amount can be recovered to put towards financing whatever policy - when in reality the tighter they grasp trying to get at X the more will slip through their fingers and they will come up far short of what is needed to fund these policies. I don't understand these mentalities of people that seem to think that when you target a group like this they won't react to changes in regulation or legislation, etc. or will just roll over and cough up - they won't.

11. jimjamuk

Mobster

Are you expecting to be paid for a 5 day week.... Thought so otherwise who wouldnt want a free day off a week

12. StriderX

Capodecina

You're expecting to be paid for what you produce, time is such a **** measure as per the trialing that has shown increased productivity with less time, surely this is desirable?

Anyway...

https://www.vouchercloud.com/resources/office-worker-productivity

A bit of a strange site, but still it is just a poll.

3 hours a day... it seems to me the rest is a waste of everyone's time, especially when the country's productivity flatlined, the solution is clearly not more hours, it's either stop people from enjoying downtime or find a healthy balance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Interesting point to note, or not so interesting at all, is the Conservative and Labour FB pages.

Both have an 'event' lined up for December the 12th and they both show how many people are 'going' to support (vote) for them.

Conservatives = 3.6K going · 3.5K interested
    Labour = 7.3K going · 3.6K interested

Considering the cesspit that FB is for political matters, I would have thought that more people would be going to the Conservative's 'event'.

14. FoxEye

Capodecina

Did you miss the part where productivity can be higher in 4 days than the same worker in 5 day working week?

Can be. Not saying it's guaranteed.

Working 5 days vs 4 doesn't mean you'll do more in the 5 days, over the course of your employment.

It has worked for some companies and it is being seriously considered by many more.

And there is absolutely no doubt that it would be better for our health and well-being. Which again is/can be tied to productivity (job satisfaction, employee happiness, fewer sick days, etc).

15. String

Capodecina

Exactly, so why not just take it rather than think you don't deserve it.

16. RDM

Capodecina

Are schools going to go to a four day week? What subjects are we going to cut if they do? :)

17. String

Capodecina

A business can operate five days whilst the staff work four day weeks. :rolleyes:

18. FoxEye

Capodecina

Don't see why not. Again it's not about time it's about effort.

But since you asked... "religious studies" can go, "general studies" (a load of bs), "home ec" (nobody took it seriously).

:p

19. amigafan2003

Capodecina

I'd expect to be paid for the work I do and my contribution to the company, not how long my bum spent on a seat.

How do businesses with part time workers cope? C'mon, think about it.....................

String gets it.

20. jpaul

Sgarrista

Watching the BBC news, their/Kunesberg's commentary is very divisive .. they summarise the debate as no-one won, and that's the narrative that the population takes on board, it's self-fulfilling.
    If the BBC said Boris was vacuous and full of soundbites/rhetoric and Corbyn came across as a reasoned individual they would shift the vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.