1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 15th - 30th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. Conservative

148 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. DUP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

137 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Liberal Democrats

161 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  9. SNP

20 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. TIG

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. UKIP

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt100

Capodecina

2. matt100

Capodecina

yowch that's rough. You have my sympathy.

3. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I actually dont have a big issue with the national broadband scheme, however it lost my support as for me stability is sometimes better than minor advantages
    My fear and hence the stability comment is, should Labour manage to deliver it, then you know forewell the tories would come along and privatise it, that would be more scary than labour running it to me

I'm still feeling really homeless right now, i said LD but only as they are currently the least worst

As I am postal I may spoil, but as i have time on my hands i can send them a quite detailed picture of Matt Hancock getting across my dissatisfaction ;)

4. neviditelny

Wise Guy

In regards of mental health needs, when we get people with mental health problems, the mental health services will not come to see the patient until we have ruled out all other possible causes first. So they will need to have clear blood samples (no raised infection markers etc) and be declared medically fit by a Doctor. If this hasn't happened the mental health staff will not see the patient no matter what.
    In my Trust we have seen a massive increase of attendances in the last 5 years compared to when I started here in late 2010. Staffing in A&E have in that time also doubled, we have increased our A&E bed capacity but it is still not enough. Drunks can be a problem with re-occuring admissions, but they at least tend to have a shorter stay than many other patients we get coming in on several occassions as well.

5. neviditelny

Wise Guy

Most people I've come across in A&E for being drunk have either been close to unconscious or claimed their drinks have been spiked, hence we need to treat and investigate...

6. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

That's interesting information regarding the mental health admissions. I'd imagine that the picture is different dependent on Trust and Local Authority (though I could be very wrong), dependent on things like resourcing on both sides, who has the greater power and the strength of the working relationship across the blended health sectors. I for instance have worked for a local authority who had very close and strong ties with the local acutes, and where the resources across the piste were focussed on discharge in a timely manner, because that's where the political pressure was. Equally I've worked for an authority where the director of social care had a slanging match with the local NHS reps and started withdrawing support, only to find that support is a two way street. I think I've also heard of a few Trusts who have dedicated AMHP social work resource to handle assessment and referral, seconded from the local authority, I'd still expect some kind of health assessment if the person presented at A&E but the full works seems excessive, especially since a mental health need and health need aren't mutually exclusive.

From my perspective the strategic management of health, social care, and 3rd sector support needs to be undertaken in a holistic manner, because it is an interweaved system, and that means when one part of it fails all parts suffer, it's too simplistic to say for instance that A&E waiting times need to be better managed by the NHS without looking at the system as a whole to identify where the additional pressure is coming from first.

It's like the bed blocking issue. If a hospital needs extra capacity you can build a new ward, but if you have 50 social care cases blocking the available beds it would be better to manage that by uplifiting the social care capacity instead. It's cheaper and much more beneficial to the service user.

Alright, enough waffle.

7. neviditelny

Wise Guy

Oh that bed blocking business I'm very much aware off. We had until last year 2 geriatric wards, we now have 4 wards that are completely based towards geriatric medicine and one which is half geriatrics/half medicine... And the amount of people we get that waits for ages for social care/placements etc is pretty big as well.

8. Dolph

Man of Honour

Is a Labour candidate, under the current leadership and manifesto, really any better?

I guess it depends whether your conscience is happy with the risk or not.

I will not hold my nose and vote for (and hence endorse) a racist Brexiteer on the basis that he might be slightly less terrible than another racist Brexiteer, and prefers a slightly different coloured unicorn with their brexit.

I am not at fault for not picking one of two terrible options when there are others available.

You may feel differently, but I won't compromise my principles to that extent for that potential payoff. The labour pledges coming out now shows the party leadership has no intention of remaining in the eu.

9. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

When I left the adult social care procurement team at my first authority around 3 years ago, they had a pending care list of around 70, which was a manageable disaster in the eyes of the teams, the directors, and me as its manager. That same authority, I'm informed by an ex-colleague, now has a pending list in excess of 300. They've moved their brokerage function into the acutes to try and focus the resource but Christ knows how they're managing.

10. FishFluff

Soldato

Probably because the public sector doesn't pay legal staff enough. The highest paid solicitor I know at NHS Digital (who draws up and scrutinizes national IT contracts) is grade 8c which is £75k at the top end. Why would the countries best contract lawyers want to work for that when they could far more elsewhere (admittedly with a worse work/life balance)?

11. FishFluff

Soldato

I need more details before I can make a judgement. If Labour want to replace both OpenReach *and* act as an ISP, then no thanks for the reason you've stated above. If they're only taking control of the infrastructure then I'd be in favour of it. I don't understand why they need to make it 'free' though. Internet is an essential service, but no other essential service is free.

12. BowdonUK

Mobster

Well, I've got to say I'm on the verge of voting for the Conservatives, first time in my life.

At first in this election I went from disallusioned to wanting to vote for the Labour party. But the attitude of the local Labour MP, who voted for the December 9th election but couldn't be then bothered to vote for the December 12th date (even though the other 2 Labour MP's did), shows a distainful attitude for democracy in my opinion. Which is a shame because in all other areas shes been good. So I then fall back to the national Labour party yet all I hear is cheap political jibes against the Tories, hypocracy talking about dangerous language others use yet they themselves use it and don't speak out against their own language, even when its of an anti semitic nature. Corbyn likes a picture on facebook of jewish people rubbing their hands in front of an illuminati symbol and claims he didn't realise it was anti-semitic! Come off it!

They aren't a serious opposition. Neither are the Lib Dems, you don't just cancel Brexit when the majority of people voted for it. You either have to make the best of it, or find a neutral way of finding a solution to suit everyone. Not say you want another referendum and then say you'd ignore that if it voted leave too, which is what Jo Swinson has said. Also what kind of serious political party uses a slogan "******** to Brexit"? They are acting like its a big joke. Even this forum censors the word, just like most media outlets... yea that was a good idea, not.

The Brexit party are an inflated media pressure group that has been eaten by the Tories. They are a one issue group with no party structure yet they are on TV all the time. I doubt they will get anyone elected, but will take votes off the other parties.

I'll keep my mind open until the very final day before I vote. But so far I've gone from not voting, to voting for Labour to now voting for the Tories. If the opposition parties want my vote then put some sensible appealing policies forward that are all costed and calculated. Stop with the hysteria.

13. JeditOjanen

Mobster

I don't think Evangelion is the person to ask, he loves the Lib Dems and is on the opposite side of the world.

E: people were talking in the last thread about how the threatened nationalisation of broadband will negatively affect BT share prices. Leaving aside that this is parroting a media talking point aimed at the temporarily embarrassed millionaires among us: the share price of BT has halved in the last five years without any kind of government intervention.

14. malachi

Sgarrista

National broadband scheme.......with what money?!!?!?

Removing something like the TV license would be better for us.

15. 200sols

Mobster

Same with the tories TBH, they just love cheap jibes at labour they are all the same. Tories have made this mess yet people are still voting for them, crazy.

16. GordyR

Mobster

Worse still, I’ve met the man on multiple occasions. :(

About 18 years ago while I was in college I used to play guitar and sing in local cocktail bars and pubs at the weekends for bit of extra cash. He happened to live opposite my girlfriend’s family at the time and used to come along to a lot of my gigs.

If only I had known then what I know now... :D

17. McGray

Mobster

Well so far Brexit has cost around £60bn which would have been more than enough to implement the BB roll out.

18. amigafan2003

Capodecina

The proposal outlines how it us funded - have you even read it or did you just read the headline of your Sun newspaper and get no further than page 3?

19. robfosters

Caporegime

Can anyone explain how labour could do this if we remained in the EU? Isn’t there fair competition rules or something?

20. malachi

Sgarrista

Nope, the first I heard about it was on here.

And wouldn't it be better to invest in 5G instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.