1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Nov 1st - 14th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Nov 5, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Labour

95 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Conservative

104 vote(s)
    24.8%
  3. Liberal Democrat

162 vote(s)
    38.6%
  4. SNP

19 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Green

7 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Brexit

15 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  8. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Plaid Cymru

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. DUP

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  11. Sinn Fein

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  12. Independant

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  13. Other party

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  14. Spoil ballot

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilot

Don

2. garnett

Soldato

This is splashed over every frontpage this morning.

How do people think this will interplay with the "Can't trust Johnson" theme?

I wonder if this will be a long-running leech on votes for Johnson's new, much harder right version of what used to be the Conservative Party.

3. krooton

Caporegime

To be honest, all sides using stupid nicknames for people sound like children.

I think Trump is one of the most embarrassing examples of a human being, but I still cringe when someone calls him Trumplethinskin, etc.

Grow up, the lot of you! :p

4. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Ive actually switched my vote for now to Labour, generally I think they are doing better

The CU approach to leave the EU is what was practically promised and hence I feel its the best delivery of Brexit and if that really boils down to being their policy thats better than LDs in my book.

5. Martini1991

Caporegime

I had a thought earlier.
    With FPTP, the Tories can get a majority with 40% of the vote right?

But with PR 40% of the vote surely results in them not having a majority.

For all the calls of PR it could lead to further hung parliaments couldn't it?

6. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Of course they wouldnt get a majority they wouldnt have a majority of the votes ;)

We arent used to PR so we struggle when someone doesnt get a majority, FPTP is pretty much designed to give a minority a majority ;)

If you have PR you almost certainly get coalitions, which isnt bad as it helps temper any particular party going rogue

7. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Was listening to a pollster last night. Someone who analyses others polls

He said he thinks the tories have probably 10-12% majority right now. Thats just about enough to get the absolute majority, if it drops to mid/high single figures majority its unlikely to give them a majority in HOC

8. danlightbulb

Mobster

Honestly dont know who Im going to vote for at the moment, not that it matters much in my constituency which is safe labour.

I will be reading the manifestos but there is no accountability to these anyway so it means little.

9. robfosters

Caporegime

What is with politicians rolling their shirt sleeves up to their elbows every time they visit a hospital?

10. GizF1

Gangster

Still Labour for me - probably have no effect but still....

11. doodah

Capodecina

Not that anyone who wants Brexit or supports Johnson will care but it should make a useful campaign tool. I am sure Corbyn will dither and the press forget about it after a day.

12. GizF1

Gangster

Don't forget to tuck your tie into your shirt as well

13. robfosters

Caporegime

Is there a hygiene reason or is it the old “I’m serious about the NHS and am here to get down to business” look?

14. GizF1

Gangster

Yeah i'm guessing the 'optics' say it makes them look like they could get stuck in at a moments notice if some old woman on a trolley for 4 hours in the corridor had a heart attack.

Or it could be that hospitals are generally pretty warm places combined with the fact that being a politician in a hospital at the moment is going to be pretty nervy so they are just hot...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  15. garnett

Soldato

Noble sentiment, but I'd suggest that's not what you've been asked to do.

Johnson has told you and everybody else that this is our 2nd referendum. You shouldn't be voting for what honours the 1st (shambolic, unrepresentative) referendum - you should be voting for the outcome that best reflects how you want our relationship with the EU to proceed.

To my mind, in this GE, Johnson and the Brexiteers have told Remainers to do whatever it takes to stop Tories and BXP candidates being returned as MPs.

If you do anything else, they will (mis)represent your vote as support for them and their Brexit.

16. PlacidCasual

Soldato

The foreign interference report is a real problem for the Government. I have some sympathy. If they release the report it will become a political football during the election campaign and any message it contains will be lost as both sides desperately mine it for sound bites that support their own narrative. From that perspective I feel it is wrong to release it. But almost equally it's bad for the Government because it gives the impression they are hiding things and these reports should be put into the public domain. Irrespective of the harm it does the Government it shouldn't be released because I don't think we should lose it's message by election tomfoolery but irrespective of harm to the Government it should be released because it belongs in the public domain.

17. GizF1

Gangster

Depends on the situation in your area. Mine is a heavy Tory majority with barely any LD support so it has to be Labour to even stand a chance unless there is a major LD swing reported.

18. doodah

Capodecina

Incoming election, a report containing information on the extent of foreign interference in our last two elections - shouldn't be released prior to the next. Not sure I can agree with that. I would rather deal with potential politicising rather than be left in the dark. Since my earlier post about the subject, I have just read this which raises even more suspicion.....

Release it and quash any suspicion and provide the electorate with more information.

19. The_Abyss

Capodecina

There’s no excuse to not release it. It should have been available before the general election was called. A report that assesses the level of foreign influence in our electoral process is absolutely essential before we have another poll. The Conservatives are acting like a corrupt dictatorship. Johnson is becoming more and more of a Pound Shop Trump every day.

20. garnett

Soldato

Absolutely. If Labour is the only party with a chance, then I think Remainers have to just vote for Labour, however much that stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.