1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Oct

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Oct 29, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Conservative

111 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. Liberal Democrat

188 vote(s)
    40.2%
  3. Labour

91 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Brexit

28 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. SNP

17 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Plaid Cymru

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Green

11 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. TIG (Or whatver they are called this week)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other party

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  11. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  14. Spoil ballot

14 vote(s)
    3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Badger

Soldato

I just received an email from Jeremy Corbyn asking me to send some cash to help Labour win the General Election. Anyone else want to chip in?

2. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

So Tories win, push Brexit through with more seats and were all screwed.

Why did labour flip again?

3. dowie

Caporegime

Hopefully and Lib Dem’s to emerge as a serious contender for the official opposition. Would be great if this both ends Corbyn and is the start of the end for Labour as the other major party. If they carry on with the hard left/Marxist types then they deserve to get relighted and possibly replaced in some northern areas by Farages lot.

It is risky for the Tories though, voters are volatile at the moment. Ideally want them to have a majority on their own and the Lib Dem’s to do well.

Would probs support Lib Dem’s too once Brexit is delivered.

Hopefully this could be the end of that useless sack of **** Comrade Corbyn. It would be a disaster if Labour does well in this election and/or the Tories can’t stay in government to deliver Brexit.

4. Uther

Capodecina

Swinson on Sky now, she comes across as slightly delusional...

5. ultralaser

Hitman

I think we're in a very very different place with the electorate this time vs 2017. I have to say I'm totally shocked that Labour voted for this, I think they'll get a royal spanking in the North..... gueninuely what is Corbyn thinking?

6. dowie

Caporegime

Chicken Corbyn ran out of excuses and rolled back his latest lame one when it became apparent the Lib Dems would support a GE. Lib Dem’s saw it as the last chance to stop Brexit given no majority for second ref at the mo and risk Boris could get his deal through with help of some Labour MPs.

7. ultralaser

Hitman

I honestly think there's a large part of the elecorate that hasn't forgotten Clegg's uturn on tuition fees, I can't see them doing too well with those they think they'll do well with!

8. dowie

Caporegime

Lol good riddance...

9. StriderX

Capodecina

434, so 4 votes beyond that, bit fun isn't it.

But this is entirely because Boris wasn't trusted to not keep that date, so it's unsurprising.

10. Uther

Capodecina

It will haunt them until the end of time. I know people who will never forgive them for that.
    As for Corbyn, I think he realised the game was up after the Lib Dems and SNP jumped and had no choice. I think he's screwed.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

His biggest mistake will be continuing after today, if he stepped down immediately, Labour would likely at least force the Tory's back into a hung parliament without much need for anything else (all sorts of wonderous things could happen over the next 6 weeks.

If he doesn't step down on the 13th if he loses, regardless of the veracity of the result, then frankly they can rot.

12. doodah

Capodecina

So which leader is to make less gaffes and errors :p?

13. Lyle44

Gangster

Vote for Labour here, only to kick out the Con. MP

14. Uther

Capodecina

Cons: Brexit Brexit Brexit!
    Lib Dems: Brexit Brexit Brexit!
    Labour: Erm...

15. StriderX

Capodecina

Labour should logically just stop talking about Brexit and focus on the contradictions of the Tory government that are only barely repairing the damage they caused with their current policies, that's an easy message.

Any acknowledgement of brexit is just going to turn into a poop slinging match, everyone knows it, everyone is bored of it.

16. Uther

Capodecina

I think that's what they will do, Andrew Wynn was just on and trying to move the narrative away from Brexit. It might even work. The main sticking point is Corbyn unfortunately.

17. 200sols

Mobster

Nothing will work for labour because it’s impossible to look past Corbyn.

18. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Wow at the poll so far :eek:

19. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

It almost worked the last time - if all we get is Brexit Brexit from Boris then Labour could do well - especially as we're closer to seeing a similar pledges from both on borrowing/spending, albeit spending on different things.
    Hard for the Tories to shout "magic money tree" at Labour when they're doing exactly the same this time.

20. satchef1

Mobster

Labour was powerless to stop the election. And Corbyn knew it.

He had two choices; play in to the narrative that Labour is scared of an election by voting against the motion, or try and save face by backing it.

Pretty easy choice tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.