Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And why should they have to cut back on pensioners? Some of the poorest people in this country are pensioners and considering the vast majority have contributed to the country throughout their life time, they should be looked after.

I wonder how many people on this forum would agree with the OAP's I give computer lessons to. Their argument is that they have paid in for 50 years and now they should get a return but the 16-25's have not paid in/enough and should get nothing.

Considering there is a finite pot of money, the money, through the budget (obviously dependant on what party is in power) gets pushed around to the benefit of the poor, the old, the wealthy etc. Everyone gets a piece of the pie, you just have to wait your turn. Its just not possible to cater for everyone at the same time which is why the budget always benefits one group one year and another group another year.

There is a lot of truth there in the way the UK does politics. Why is it beyond them not to cater for everyone but at a reduced level rather than jam today but nothing for another five years?

Soldato
Corporation tax is the worst policy ever. Set it to 1% or cancel it. It kills GDP.

Mansion tax is the way to go if you must fund a looney left spending spree. Very hard to avoid and it hits the richest people.

Apart from the richest people being those most able to avoid taxation of all sorts, you mean?

See the results of the 75% income tax bracket in France under Hollande for details.

Associate
Apart from the richest people being those most able to avoid taxation of all sorts, you mean?

See the results of the 75% income tax bracket in France under Hollande for details.

You can't avoid mansion tax since you can't hide a £2million+ property.

Too bad it'll never be implemented since it would severely upset all the royals, Lords and "we're all in it together" people at Westminster.

Income tax is entirely different and entirely unfair. It always punishes middle-earners while rich avoid it and poor don't pay it.

Soldato
Mansion tax is the way to go if you must fund a looney left spending spree. Very hard to avoid and it hits the richest people.

You can put off paying it until you're dead, so if everyone does it then the government won't see a penny for a couple of decades. Once again, Labour showing their financial acumen, i.e none at all :p

Soldato
You can't avoid mansion tax since you can't hide a £2million+ property.

I wonder if it could be avoided though. If it's only on residential properties, what's to stop someone designating their home as an office?

I'm not a property law expert to say the least but I'm sure that an army of very well-paid accountants will be on the case if a mansion tax is introduced.

Soldato
I wonder if it could be avoided though. If it's only on residential properties, what's to stop someone designating their home as an office?

Planning laws? They would have to apply for change of use for the building form residential to commercial, something that would almost certainly be denied by the council if it's in a residential area.

Soldato
That's not what the leaflet was suggesting. It asked whether residents were ready to pay £30,000 in extra tax in the next three months.

It's being honest, yet manipulating the figures to sound as scary as possible. £30k is what Labour would have to charge per year for mansion tax in order to raise the money they say it will raise. They have however stated that they won't charge as much (which means it cannot raise as much as they say as the are not enough houses that the tax would apply too).

Caporegime
You mean the people with enough money to just move to a country without looney left taxes?

if they don't want to pay the taxes then let them leave, someone else will do their job who doesn't mind.

you act like everyone will just up and leave the country lol what a joke.

ever moved from one city to another? leaving all your family and friends behind?
doubt many people have who didn't miss the area they used to live in

Soldato
if they don't want to pay the taxes then let them leave, someone else will do their job who doesn't mind.

you act like everyone will just up and leave the country lol what a joke.

London is the business/financial capital of Europe because the previous one tried the super tax method and the money left.

Soldato
What's your point? It's more like you wouldn't make it up because the statement you quoted is rather dry and boring.
I know I know tomorrow I'll go to work and cook the books, lose the firm a couple of 100k then get fired then write to the firm complaining that my successor is seeing over the slowest growth in the firm's history and that I should be reinstated.

Caporegime
I know I know tomorrow I'll go to work and cook the books, lose the firm a couple of 100k then get fired then write to the firm complaining that my successor is seeing over the slowest growth in the firm's history and that I should be reinstated.

Ah I see - you've fallen for the Tory narrative that the Labour government were responsible for the global financial crisis and that austerity is necessary to repair the public finances, despite the evidence that the public finances only started to get better when Osborne abandoned austerity.

Soldato
despite the evidence that the public finances only started to get better when Osborne abandoned austerity.

What do you mean by "abandoned austerity"? Austerity is merely reducing the deficit...

In economics, austerity is the policy of reducing government budget deficits. Austerity policies may include spending cuts, tax increases, or a mixture of both.

Even Labour are saying they will reduce the deficit so if anything it is Labour who've embraced Austerity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom