Generating income through ad's on website?

Commissario
After looking at the domain value thread, I noticed something about making money through placing advertisements on your website.
Is it possible to generate, if any, income at by doing this and does it cost anything?

Any recommended places to go?

Soldato
it depends on the size of the site you're running and where you are willing to place the adverts. I have a site which generates around 1.5-2k impressions a day, but the adverts are (deliberately) placed in very inconspicuous places. In the first day I made $20. In the following year and a half (maybe more) I haven't even reached the $100 mark.

You might find Project Wonderful will give you better earnings than adsense for a small site. The adverts are paid per day rather than per click. edit: in-fact if you have a big website you'll probably earn quite a lot as well

Last edited:
Soldato
After looking at the domain value thread, I noticed something about making money through placing advertisements on your website.
Is it possible to generate, if any, income at by doing this and does it cost anything?

Any recommended places to go?

Have you been on the online dating thread? The guy that runs plentyoffish.com (free dating site), Markus Frind makes millions of dollars a year from advertising. At one point he was making more than a million a month running it alone but I think adsense changed a bit.

Soldato
it depends on the size of the site you're running and where you are willing to place the adverts. I have a site which generates around 1.5-2k impressions a day, but the adverts are (deliberately) placed in very inconspicuous places. In the first day I made $20. In the following year and a half (maybe more) I haven't even reached the $100 mark.

You might find Project Wonderful will give you better earnings than adsense for a small site. The adverts are paid per day rather than per click. edit: in-fact if you have a big website you'll probably earn quite a lot as well

That's a very high CTR, could you draw a simple example of your site and ad placement? I'm extremely lazy with mine I don't test anything and I lose interest very easy.

I usually go for the 2 column design and place some ads in the content, its crap tbh, I'm sure my sites could make more but I cant be arsed analyzing stats. -

image2ql7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom