German Grand Prix 2012, Hockenheim - Race 10/20

Soldato
IMO and statistically, MSc is the best (most complete) driver of all time. Statistics show he is BY FAR the best (not by a small amount).

For any other driver, MSc's 2nd career (being beaten every year by his team-mate, who is not a great driver), would be fine. For the greatest driver of all time - its embarrassing and certainly tarnishes the greatest name in F1 (as shown by the record books), ever.

1st year back he was well beaten, last year it was pretty equal, this year MS is driving better than Nico, even if the points do not reflect it. So saying he is being beat year after year is really not playing fair.

Soldato
In my opinion Vettel should get just a couple of seconds pentalty to drop him back behind button, passing off the track is just not on.

They were saying that they want the stewards decisions to be more consistant, how about starting here!

Alonso is a relentless driver, he deserves the WDC. I didn't like him at Mclaren were he totally destabalised the team when he tried to get preferential treatment in the team over a rooky Hamilton. He's much better in Ferrari where he's obviously a number 1 driver with a whipping boy team mate.

Caporegime
It has just been proven that Alonso DOES have the best dry pace over a race distance

Maybe not over a single lap here or there - but thats irrelevant over 67 or whatever laps

No he did it with track position, controlling the race pace and his tyre wear while others getting higher degradation in his wake. Had button been on pole or alongside him at the start I doubt very much alonso could have won the race.

It was another masterfull drive.

Soldato
IMO and statistically, MSc is the best (most complete) driver of all time. Statistics show he is BY FAR the best (not by a small amount).

For any other driver, MSc's 2nd career (being beaten every year by his team-mate, who is not a great driver), would be fine. For the greatest driver of all time - its embarrassing and certainly tarnishes the greatest name in F1 (as shown by the record books), ever.

it takes more than just records to be a "great" name - especially given the cough cough wink wink of the Bennetton car in 94/95

edit - but your phrasing was definitely lol worthy

No he did it with track position, controlling the race pace and his tyre wear while others getting higher degradation in his wake. Had button been on pole or alongside him at the start I doubt very much alonso could have won the race..

Pace is that which the driver is capable of driving given ALL the circumstances during the race - including who ever is infront of you

His dry race pace was better than anyone's today

Im not saying he didnt control it, he did that - but that is also part of his race pace, it surely HAS to be part of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
In my opinion Vettel should get just a couple of seconds pentalty to drop him back behind button, passing off the track is just not on.

They were saying that they want the stewards decisions to be more consistant, how about starting here!

On that basis there's little risk in performing an illegal overtake. There should be an additional penalty as a deterrent.

Soldato
it takes more than just records to be a "great" name - especially given the cough cough wink wink of the Bennetton car in 94/95

What was up with the Benetton in 95? 94 can be discussed till the cows come home but 95?

Don't forget your boy Jenson drove a car that was banned for 2 races for being cheats ;) And won his title in a car challenged in the courts ;)

Soldato
What was up with the Benetton in 95? 94 can be discussed till the cows come home but 95?

Don't forget your boy Jenson drove a car that was banned for 2 races for being cheats ;) And won his title in a car challenged in the courts ;)

I was going to say I can understand 94 but don't remember anything wrong with the 95 car. Mind you I was 7 at the time :p

Soldato

Could have sworn there was some questionable going's on in 95 as well, but there was so much in 94, its dubious that '95 was a totally fresh car

The Brawn was completely cleared at the time, different to the benetton which should have been banned as the rules were written at the time (which is a huge difference)

As for the honda - and JB missed some races because of it (even if he was aware of what was going on)

Associate

Schumi was in the best car at the time with the best tyres in the Ferrari years. That dominance almost destroyed the sport to the point were the sporting bodies won't allow that to happen again, i.e. they wouldn't let Vettels blown deffuser winning years go on. Ferrari and maybe even just Schumi were the only ones able to pay enough to get these top spec tyres - tyres that were so expensive and tricky to make they couldn't supply any other team.

Ok i may have missed a few facts but a technical pundit explained all this which i didn't find shocking.

Soldato
Thing is, i'd put money on it that next race Jenson will be all "car doesn't feel right, lots of understeer/oversteer" as he struggles to make Q1. Seems to be the story of his season.

Caporegime
Pace is that which the driver is capable of driving given ALL the circumstances during the race - including who ever is infront of you

His dry race pace was better than anyone's today

Im not saying he didnt control it, he did that - but that is also part of his race pace, it surely HAS to be part of it.

Put simply he won the race on saturday by getting pole. Do you think had he qualified 6th and JB pole that he would have shown the fastest dry pace?

It was sitting behind Alonso too closely for lap after lap that would have hurt his tyres. Vettel dropped right back and when JB's tyres started to go he came back at him.

Clean air is so valuable with these tyres.

Anyway it's nice to see Mclaren come back a bit.

Back
Top Bottom