Germanium case and GFX advice

Associate
After a brief foray into a gaming laptop I'm ready to go back to a desktop and this seems to be the one to go for? There was a couple of questions I had though.

The majority of the graphics options seem to be out of stock, is there a card in stock anyone recommends as a replacement for the Asus *Build Stock* GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC 11264MB Graphics Card that doesn't overtly increase the cost? From reading other threads if I ask OC.UK to change to a non listed one they should be OK? Or maybe I should make do without a card/cheap card until the new 2080 details are released.

The other question was about the case, from reading other threads in the forums there seems to be some airflow/temp problems with the Phanteks Enthoo Evolve ATX cases, is there any other cases anyone can recommend that has decent airflor and space for future upgrades etc?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi

The cheapest 1080 ti at the moment is the Palit Jetstream @ £829.99. I don't know how it compares to the build stock prices as these might be cheaper than pre-mining prices. If you want a better brand then MSI have the Gaming X Trio which gets good reviews. There is also the Gigabyte Gaming OC for the same price.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,641.07 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

As for the case I personally like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Glass version as it has a mesh front panel. Anything with a mesh panel should have better airflow than a solid panel like the one on the Enthoo Evolv. The Fractal Design Meshify is another nice case.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £199.68 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

If you give ocuk a ring then they can alter the spec to suit yourself.

Associate
I had it as well and picked it over the Evolv for my Germanium build due to better airflow front and top as well as being much cheaper.

Why dont you want the ROG Strix 1080Ti - it's one of the best and the one I went for? Are you put off by the fact it says Build Stock? I believe these still come in a retail box and have same warranty. But if your unsure ask in this thread which is pretty much a Germanium Owners thread and must be at least 10 of us by now:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/germanium.18808576/

Associate
OP
In the end I got an i7-8700 build with the inno 3d x4 1080ti. I would have liked the ROG Strix but at the time of posting it was out of stock with no solid date for new stock to come in, bad timing on my part!

Back
Top Bottom