Getting a ps4 Pro for christmas!

Soldato
Hi guys, for the first time in years I'm getting a cool pressie that I don't really need (the best kind, instead of the usual socks and pants) :D
I've been just a PC gamer since the xbox 360 / ps3 so I wanted a console for those exclusives.

I thought a PS4 would be the better choice for me as the MS exclusives are usually available on PC also so I can catch the ones I want to play there.

But what should I be looking to get on the PS4? Its coming with RDR2 which I'm excited about, Spiderman looks awesome as does God Of War so I'll be looking to grab those pre-owned at some point. But what else is must have?

Soldato
I'm in the same boat as you - PS4 with RDR2. I've pre-ordered Detroit and the guys in game told me that the Uncharted games collection it worth getting (I like tomb raider games). I'll get spiderman too and probably Infamous Second Son.

Associate
I've probably gotten the most enjoyment playing through Horizon Zero Dawn than most other exclusives on the PS4.
If you like the style of Dark Souls, the Bloodborne is a must.
If you like Japanese style RPGs then Persona 5 and possibly Ni No Kuni 2 (if you don't have it on the PC).
For a platformer, Ratchet and Clank is visually stunning, really fun as well.

Associate
There are so many games to enjoy, really depends on what you're into.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece, likewise Uncharted too. Only played bits of God of War and Horizon but when I get time I'll do a deep dive.

Hear amazing things about Bloodborne, Spiderman is great but did find I got bored after a while.

Associate
The Last of Us and Uncharted Collection & 4 are must owns, you wont be disappointed!
I can't help but chuckle when people say that, I was fairly disappointed when I played The Last of Us.
I think because it was hyped up to the the highest degree by so many people, when I got finally around to playing it, I was expecting to be absolutely blown away by the greatest game ever made... instead I got bored after 4 hours and never went back to it.

Soldato
OP
The last of us I've seen bits of and its definitely my type of game and I played Uncharted 3 on the ps3 (I think it was 3) which was also amazing so thanks for those recommendations they will be on the list!

Associate
I can't help but chuckle when people say that, I was fairly disappointed when I played The Last of Us.
I think because it was hyped up to the the highest degree by so many people, when I got finally around to playing it, I was expecting to be absolutely blown away by the greatest game ever made... instead I got bored after 4 hours and never went back to it.

oh dont get me wrong im not saying its the greatest game ever made by any means, i agree its overhyped to some degree but its still a very enjoyable game imo and in terms of ps exclusives its worth getting

Soldato
I'd get something you can dip in and out of as RDR2 is pretty slow going. Beautiful game but I got bored pretty quickly and haven't touched it for a month.

Wipeout is stunning and one of my all time favourite series, Doom from last year is 6 quid new from Amazon so def. worth a punt.

Spiderman is great fun, the transversal is spot on and once you get going you can chain all sorts of moves.

Back
Top Bottom