Getting a refund on shoes bought online

Soldato
I bought a pair of boots from Asos about six weeks ago. I've just noticed that the leather is coming away from the sole on both shoes. The glue they've used doesn't seem to be doing any good as I could quite easily tear the sole off without exerting much force.

Given that they've not lasted me two months I'd quite like to get my money back and invest in a better pair of shoes. Can I do this? I know that some online purchases can be returned without question within seven days of receipt, isn't there something that guarantee's the goods purchased should function for a reasonable period of time without fault?

I intend to email Asos asap :)D) and I'd like to be able to reference some trading standards legislation/article to improve my chances of receiving a refund.

(Apologies if that didn't make sense; I'm knackered).

Associate
I had a jumper for over a month which I then washed in cold temp and it shrunk, emailed ASOS, they sent me a free returns and then once they got it they sent me another jumper!

ASOS customer care seems really good.

Soldato
OP
ASOS customer care seems really good.
I think you might be right:

ASOS Customer Care Email said:
We're writing to let you know we've received your query about your ASOS order. We're working hard at getting this sorted for you and we’ll get back to you within the next 6 hours.

I normally expect to wait a day or two to hear back from some places.

Back
Top Bottom