Getting rid of someone on Facebook

Caporegime
I got in touch with a childhood friend a few weeks ago. Turns out we went in very different directions in life, he calls people "b", wants to be a rap producer and is covered in red flags telling me to stay the **** away. He keeps talking to me on Facebook.

Can I block him and hide myself so nobody can find me? How do I Facebook?

I only use FB to keep in touch with family and whatnot, otherwise I'd just get shot completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
You can turn off chat for everyone, or only certain people. Means he won't see you online. However can still see you've read his messages I think.

I turn off chat for everyone and just speak to people when I want to say something.

Other option is block him.

Man of Honour
You can block him and he won't be able to find you but his friends can. Depends how much of a weirdo he is.

Or just unfriend and ignore any messages, he won't be able to re-add you.

Caporegime
OP
Also what are these red flags you speak of? I'm curious.

Unemployed, on the dole, "had an accident which broke his leg", girlfriend can't enter the UK because she's got a record for smuggling "but it's not her fault, she was caught in an op that went sideways", parents don't speak to him, history of drugs, I can go on and on.

Soldato
2 options, just keep conversation going and accept other people live differently to you.

Or, simply man up and state to him that it was great to catch up but you'll likely cease the conversation as you're both different people?

Associate
Unemployed, on the dole, "had an accident which broke his leg", girlfriend can't enter the UK because she's got a record for smuggling "but it's not her fault, she was caught in an op that went sideways", parents don't speak to him, history of drugs, I can go on and on.
Ain't that something from a film summary?

Soldato
You could take the cowardly approach and post a series of posts directly opposed to his way of life in a nondescript manner, eventually he will see that you despise people like him and draw his own conclusion

Man of Honour
Facebook has various blocking options - you can limit if/when he can see that you are online to chat, filter how much of your page content he can see/respond to, etc. without fully removing as a friend.

Back
Top Bottom