Gf locked out of her desire hd

Caporegime
Yep she's locked out, ie wrong pattern too many times, she had to recover her Gmail password to her hotmai account but it won't accept it.

Asks for username and password but won't proceed, does this mean a factory reset?

Soldato
Are you using 2 step passwords? You need to go into google accounts and generate a password, application specific theyre called.

Associate
I had to unlock my son's Galaxy S a while ago. I too had problems with the gmail address and password not working.

It turned out that I had to enter just the part of the email before the @ rather than the full email address. Try giving that a go?

Caporegime
OP
tried that, tried everything

once i got into the phone [have factory reseted it] google play doesnt show her old apps. Does this mean she has more than one account and has forgotton it? When this happened to mine, all my old apps were ready for me in 'my apps'

if this is the case is there any way i can contact google direct by email with some sort of over-the-phone or similar recovery method?

She has bought apps and will loose them otherwise, i guess this is why the reset did not work!

Soldato
Easy method is to goto market.android.com (on a pc, not a phone) and login. Her apps will be there, just select download and they will automatically dl.

For the record anything you've bought is safe - you just need to remember what you've bought, goto it again and it will offer you the download button rather than the pay button.

The reason you're not seeing them again is possibly because it thinks the phone is a new device and then google play does something...odd. you only get 1 shot to re-download your standard apps when you login to play after a format and if you don't download them all for whatever reason then play doesn't offer them again. I go through about 18 Androids a year, for the ones I have market access on i've just learned to use the full browser for push download to be honest :)

Back
Top Bottom