Associate
OP
What doesn't do that the header on the motherboard cant?

Well it come with 3 RGB strips (2x30 cm and 1x60cm) I think those were the sizes, that you can use either to light up your case and sync with all other rgb stuff you have or run it separately attached to the back of your screen to give you Halo effect, sort of like Phillips Ambilight works.

Can check out this guys video for the reference, although his is too over the top.

For now I have it strapped to the back of my 49 inch TV and it's alright. Wanted to test it out for a few days. It's not bad. But for a 49 inch screen larger RGB strips with more lights would be beneficial.

Permabanned
if you like that sort of thing i can see £60 been a bit of a deal, but i find back lighting to be very off putting. the light changing in the background pull my attention away from what i am watching, My mum had it on a Sony TV and we had to disable it.

it dose look to be better than the system we had it was when back lighting(Mood lighting), was just out. a setup like yours maybe better, it used to be a solid color

Associate
OP
if you like that sort of thing i can see £60 been a bit of a deal

Frankly I think my OCD played a bigger role in this purchase than anything else.
You see, the Helios case has this stand that was purpose build for the Terminal (well you can fit the SSD there as well) and looking at it empty was driving me mad, haha.
The fact that I can now connect the front panel RGB to something is a plus, even though I don't have it on. The single 5v RGB connector on motherboard is occupied by Thor PSU and I had to get some kind of splitter anyway. Win/Win + come Christmas I can let it run wild with RGB puke haha.

test-asus-rog-strix-helios-46-1024x683.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Associate
OP
ROG STRIX Carry

So I’m not gonna do a video about it. But I’ve picked up a new mouse that I got for a promotional price that went on last weekend, 44 GBP. I’ve been looking for a proper mouse for my lounge for some time now but it had to tick all the boxes and to my surprise this one does just that.

Great Sensor: Check

Great Range: Double check (compared to my old wireless mouse)

Great switches: Check, check, check. Omrons, side button, mouse wheel - all great stuff.

Batteries ! : I’ve got a charger and bunch of chargeable batteries. Couldn’t care less about “charge through wire” it would drive me nuts.

The Grip : The mouse is small, so if you have large hands its probably not for you. But ergonomics are great and the grip on the sides is outstanding.

Bluetooth and 2.4 : It comes with 2 modes, while I will mainly use it Bluetooth mode to save battery, there’s also 2.4 mode that connects through the dongle to reduce the latency and increase the polling rate. While it may not compete with Glorious Model O, I am sure that you could present respectable scores with it.

The bad: The first one that arrived didn’t connect through the included dongle to 2.4 mode. So I ordered a replacement. This one works as it should.

P.S. I've sold my ROG Pugio, it might be ambidextrous but it's not comfortable. I much rather use/play with ROG Carry.

lLCwKus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom