Ghost in the Shell (2017) (Scarlett Johansson)

Soldato
The fact she's not Asian like the source material #hollywoodwhitewashing :eek:

Just kidding, as much as I like the Manga it's based from I'm also adult enough to realise there is no way this film would get anywhere near the backing it needs without someone like ScarJo as the lead actress. I just hope it's not as bad as most Hollywood translations of foreign ideas.

Soldato
Scarlett in a skin tight body suit - what's not to like?

The fact she is a terrible actress, and if you are purely basing her on looks then shes hardly special there either compared to some of the people available in hollywood.

Lucy was enough to put me off of her in any kind of lead role.

Soldato
OP
The fact she's not Asian like the source material #hollywoodwhitewashing :eek:

Just kidding, as much as I like the Manga it's based from I'm also adult enough to realise there is no way this film would get anywhere near the backing it needs without someone like ScarJo as the lead actress. I just hope it's not as bad as most Hollywood translations of foreign ideas.

Of course there is always an exception, like the epic Dragonball Evolution, now how faithful can you get :eek:

Commissario
I'm quite looking forward to it.

From memory in the manga (it's been a while since I read it), the Major doesn't look particularly Asian most of the time, besides which she repeatedly changes bodies (including once to a man I think), with often very different looks depending on where she is working.

Johanson may not look exactly right for the part, but is probably the best choice for an actor that can act, (and do the action scenes) looks vaguely like the manga/anime character, and has the pulling power to give the backers the confidence to finance the film.

FT, it's basically one of the opening scenes from the anime
https://youtu.be/z2mXrndt1ZI?t=340

Man of Honour
I'm quite looking forward to it.

From memory in the manga (it's been a while since I read it), the Major doesn't look particularly Asian most of the time, besides which she repeatedly changes bodies (including once to a man I think), with often very different looks depending on where she is working.

Johanson may not look exactly right for the part, but is probably the best choice for an actor that can act, (and do the action scenes) looks vaguely like the manga/anime character, and has the pulling power to give the backers the confidence to finance the film.

FT, it's basically one of the opening scenes from the anime
https://youtu.be/z2mXrndt1ZI?t=340

Yeah, I recognised the scene but I guess my point was (badly expressed admittedly) that it was an awful trailer taken in isolation.

Caporegime
The fact she is a terrible actress, and if you are purely basing her on looks then shes hardly special there either compared to some of the people available in hollywood.

Lucy was enough to put me off of her in any kind of lead role.

Lucy was a terrible film. She is not a terrible actress.

She's also gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom