1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Digital X, 5 Mar 2020.

1. Digital X

Sgarrista

2. kurosagi01

Hitman

I've just placed my pre-order for the steelbook edition.

3. Scort

Mobster

The trailers of this looked pretty amazing, so I'm looking forward to it :)

4. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

Collectors edition looks great. The Samurai Mask is peaking my interest.

Shawrey

5. timebomb26

Wise Guy

Hype. Can't wait for this. It's been forever since we had any real information.

6. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

SuckerPunch games are normally excellent so have no doubt this will be great too.

Shawrey

7. ic1male

Caporegime

Hope you haven't forgotten about the gameplay tonight!

8. Dano

Sgarrista

Game looked great but the vid quality was utterly awful for me, heavily compressed and blacks so washed out as to be about the same as the grey background on these forums.

9. BMox81

Wise Guy

Lots of AC/BOTW vibes from this.

Looked amazing as well. Can see this doing really well.

10. ic1male

Caporegime

I didn’t know what to expect but it gripped me and is now going to be a purchase - but not until it gets a PS5 patch.

11. Digital X

Sgarrista

I'm not sure what to expect either, have not seen a whole lot on the game but it looks fantastic. I might have to grab it on both PS4 and PS5.

12. Poneros

Soldato

LMAO they straight up copy-pasted AC Odyssey! Except somehow it looked more boring and less interesting (if that's possible). Out of all the studios I didn't expect Sucker Punch would be so creatively bankrupt. I guess Sony's trying to become their own Ubisoft.

13. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Far Cry: Samurai. I'm ok with this.

14. ricky1981

Mobster

Looks very derivative, rather disappointed in the gameplay after the previous trailers. It looks pretty but just seems like a whole series of copy/pasted elements in a samurai setting.

I'll likely get it anyway but it's gone from a must-buy to a title I'll get when it inevitably comes down in price (as all games do 2-3 months after release).

15. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

how did u get that impression?

16. Poneros

Soldato

How did you not? It's literally AC Odyssey in a Japan setting. The only "unique" features I've seen are the wind gust & fox guide. If I could be bothered I'd make a side-by-side, it's staggering how identical the gameplay is.

17. kurosagi01

Hitman

I've got pretty much AC Origin/Odyssey, Horizon zero dawn, Sekiro, Dark souls and Witcher vibes from the game aswell but I'm not going complain about it if the game is good. It may not look "innovative" on paper but since when "copies/similar gameplay" turn people off a game?
    I hope the japanese audio is in sync though as i'll be playing it with japanese audio instead of english.

18. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Have not played ac but seen videos of it and looks a tiny bit similar but because I never played that ac game, what's wrong with me enjoying this as a fresh intake?

19. ricky1981

Mobster

He never said there was anything wrong with you enjoying it :) You asked how he thought it was like AC:Odyssey which he answered and now you're admitting you haven't played it so feels like a pointless argument to pick.

Anyways, no one seems to be saying it won't be fun but it doesn't look like it brings much new besides the setting which is a shame as the earlier trailers looked more interesting. Doesn't mean it won't be fun but it is a tad disappointing for me at least that the actual gameplay looks like so close to the Farcry or AC formula.

20. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Ahh ok cool.

What would have made it unique?