Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Really enjoying this now on the PS5. Looks great obviously.

It's taken me quite a while to get into the combat though, it's kinda annoying that you don't get more opportunity early on to practice, the fights are pretty sparse for the first few hours. It's very different to AC Valhalla that I've been playing recently.

I was playing in Japanese with subtitles at first, but the lip sync is still in English! Super annoying they couldn't have done both....so I've gone back to English audio.

Yeah it's a shame about the dub. I stuck with it though and got over it after a few hours. I'm a huge Kurosawa fan so I just wanted to keep it going for that experience.

Soldato
well i started this game a few months back and it looked really cool but as i have gone older i lose interest in games quickly and have not played it since.

will have to give it another go

Soldato
I think I started this back in Feb, I don't use the Playstation much but when I start session of this I get hooked for the day. I'm at the start of Act 3 and according to the save file about 45hours in... :/ Not sure that's right but I have been visiting every part of each map and finding al the ?'s and side quests before doing the story missions.

I don't normally care for massively open world games like this (RDR2 I did the first 3 missions and got bored) but this I like coming back to.

Soldato
I finally finished this on Sunday. Think the save file says around 62hours but I've found all the collectibles, all I have left is apparently I've missed a side mission or two somewhere and then a couple of random achievements. I d'd highly recommend this game as even with big breaks I took in between sessions it was always a joy to come back to.

Soldato
I’m the same with this I play a few hours but then I don’t return. It’s a good game but for some reason I just cannot get into it.

I find the conflict you're presented with at the heart of the game hurts it a lot.

You have this whole swathe of abilities and gear focused on stealthy gameplay....but you get told off for using it. I want to play the 'honourable' way, but that turns the encounters into an exercise in walking through a camp murdering everyone....there's no tactical element, so it becomes a bit boring. Also, I'm a samurai, I want to use the Samurai armour! But the most satisfying armour set attributes are on the Ronin armour....I haven't found any way to transmog.

It's nearly a great game for me. It's still very good, but it doesn't keep me glued to it and coming back every day.

Soldato
It’s just been officially announced.

looks like it’s going to be 25-30 quid upgrade from PS4 to PS5 Directors Cut.

I posted this in the PS5 thread, greedy ******** :mad:

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

• You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
Starting on August 20:

• If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
  • You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD
Additional details about upgrades will be available at PlayStation Store closer to launch.

Associate
Is the directors cut the same as the digital deluxe?

I can't seem to find a standalone directors cut editon on the store, or is that blocked out as I just bought the standard edition?

Just trying to think of a cheaper upgrade path, as the digital deluxe upgrade is £8.99 i think

Soldato

I can't seem to find a standalone directors cut editon on the store, or is that blocked out as I just bought the standard edition?

Just trying to think of a cheaper upgrade path, as the digital deluxe upgrade is £8.99 i think

No, that's something else. From what I can tell the Director's Cut will cost you $29.99 (PS5) however you try and do it.

Be interesting to see how much new gameplay there is on the new DLC island. If it's less than 10 hours I'll just wait for a sale.

Last edited:
Associate
It’s just been officially announced.

looks like it’s going to be 25-30 quid upgrade from PS4 to PS5 Directors Cut.

If you get the directors cut on it's own is that the full game plus this extra island or something? Looking to play this after I finish tlou2 but will wait for this if its standalone.

standalone it's £69.99!
that's insane.
https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/ghost-o...&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-u7W08lk2PXKB2lHq.JbsPQ

Back
Top Bottom