Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 - Poor Anti-Aliasing (No 56k)

Soldato
Yep, cos it's actually a sort of blur filter, not true AA. The game uses a funky lighting method that doesn't support proper AA so they had to implement some sort of edge smoothening. A few other games such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. also have the same problem.

Personally I quite like it, but of course the trade off is blurry textures.

Soldato
OP
Well, you know in advance what to expect from the games AA now :p

I think it's horrible..!

It's like playing the game at 640x480 - you loose all the detail of whats infront of you. At first I spent ages messing about with the resolution. Jaggies are better than the blur effect... what kind of PC game doesn't have proper anti-aliasing :( *sniff*

Last edited:
Soldato
True, complete waste of time. Dont know why they decide to include a feature that will essentially lower the quality of the work they have made in order to fake an effect.

Man of Honour
_-SIRUS-_ said:
i didnt think this was out till friday 13th ?
and even later in usa
A few places released it early if you were lucky:)

furnace said:
what kind of PC game doesn't have proper anti-aliasing :( *sniff*
It was exactly the same on GRAW, but when that was released it didn't even have the pointless edge smoothing option. That was only added after plenty of people kicked up a fuss about the game not having AA.
If you try overriding the AA in the NCP you'll just get severe corruption, in Vista at least.
I don't think it looks *that bad* at a high resolution, wish you had more control over it though...

Back
Top Bottom