Ghost S1 Kickstarter launching 29/11/17

Associate
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Ghost S1 from Louqe is going live tonight on Kickstarter @8pm.

This looks like a really nice SFF case that sits in between the Ncase M1 and Dan A4 in terms of size. The most unique feature I feel is the tophats that allows for a greater options for cooling.

Anyway here's the webpage to take a ganders for yourself http://www.louqe.com/

It's going to launch starting from £160 for the case alone.

Campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/louqe/ghost-s1-mkii/description

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad someone's posted a new thread for this. There already appears to be quite a number of backers.

From what I've learned you can put a "tophat" on both top and bottom. I'm going to back this again and want to use it with a 240 AIO. Hope they make it to their target this time.

Edit: They've hit 25% backing in 10 mins or so, just hope it keeps up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Less than a day and i think they've managed to get to 76% of the campaign target. Just hope it doesn't drop off a cliff like their first campaign did.

Associate
Seems like a good case, albeit at a high cost. Would have preferred a bit more space for a 2.5 slot GPU (I think they did test one) and a slightly taller CPU cooler.

Not sure if the L top could be redesigned slightly to accommodate 2x 120mm radiators for AIO GPU and CPU coolers.

Soldato
Seems like a good case, albeit at a high cost. Would have preferred a bit more space for a 2.5 slot GPU (I think they did test one) and a slightly taller CPU cooler.

Not sure if the L top could be redesigned slightly to accommodate 2x 120mm radiators for AIO GPU and CPU coolers.
I'm sure they have said it would fit 2x 120mm AiO's for such a purpose as it was something people asked about on the Hardforums thread. You can fit a 240mm AiO below and above the main chassis for both as well.

The comments on the KS Campaign page has a reply from Louqe and they have said they are looking at other "hats", i love the idea of a carry handle one...
"There are many add-ons in the pipeline, glass side panels, handle TopHat, ODD TopHat, I/O TopHat, carrying cases, joiner Hats etc... first we need to get the platform out, then many options will be available. With enough funding we will be able to kick those projects off right away!"

Associate
Seriously tempted by the 1890SEK priced one without top hats. I’ll buy top hats later once I’ve worked out what I want. Hope the exchange rate is as good as £168.

Edit: Now a backer as one of the 1790 SEK early bird specials (1 of 200) became available again, so I snagged it. Maybe someone’s payment bounced.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was going to post this after seeing it on Jay2Cents. Sign me up. Never done a kickstarter before - can you lose your money if they don't deliver?

Was thinking of....
  • Ryzen 5
  • 16GB of RAM
  • SSD for boot
  • 2 x 2TB HDs so I can run as an HTPC instead of streaming from the network
  • Unknown GPU (likely >970/290 performance)
  • Probably an air cooler to keep costs down
That should do nicely as a 1080p gaming machine and HTPC. Would be expensive but would last a while......or I could slap in my 3750K/8GB to save costs.

Associate
Never done a kickstarter before - can you lose your money if they don't deliver?

Yep, you certainly can. However, I believe this one is not as risky as some. Many kickstarters are just ideas, before any kind of tangible product exists. At least this one is basically complete. The funding is just to kick off manufacture. That said I am aware I've put £170 (ish) on the line, so until I have mine in my hands I will have the "what if" at the back of my mind.

Associate
Missed out on the good bundles this time! :(

Quick! There is 1 early bird special available now (of 200). Someone has withdrawn their pledge. 1790SEK for a ghost without a top hat.

The guys said all backers will be able to order top hats from April for 300SEK instead of the retail 400.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom