• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ghosting effect in games/youtube

Associate
Hi,

I noticed a ghosting effect when I watch certain 1080p videos on youtube, it also happens in some games when going through menus etc, it just doesn't seem fluid.

I have my monitor and my AMD set to Freesync at 75hz. I have checked for frame drops but there is none. I have re-installed Windows 10 1803 and updated all my relevant drivers etc but I still notice it.

I have also disabled "overdrive" on my Iiyama 24.5 Black Hawk monitor so there should be no ghosting.

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

I also have bought a display port cable which is coming later on today incase its because I am using HDMI. Issue appears on two monitors and different cables. Only thing I haven't changed is the GPU but as frames where no dropping I never saw the issue with it.

All help appreciated :)

Associate
Try turning on overdrive as it is specifically designed to counter ghosting. I'd set it to normal or medium as that is what works best for most monitors but you can go higher if you still have issues. Too much overdrive can cause overshoot though which is similar to ghosting.

If that doesnt help then hopefully the new displayport cable will.

Associate
OP
If I turn on Overdrive it seems to make the issue worse lol, the best outcome was OFF which apparently means more input lag (which I dont notice).

Yeah if its not the HDMI option then I have no idea what it is.

Associate
OP
Tried DisplayPort cable but still looks the same. Turning Overdrive on make the videos look like they stutter so I have just kept it OFF.

Maybe its just my head... Just never noticed this before on my old Acer 21.5".

Back
Top Bottom