Giant XTC Team frame

Associate
Hi,

I've seen a guy selling some XTC Team frames on ebay at real cheap prices. Can someone check out the link below and see if they think they are legit or not? If they are I might get one!

XTC TEAM

Man of Honour
The pictures look legit but then they could be library pictures, if I was you I'd be checking if Giant get the Team frames made in Taiwan (I thought they used American welders normally but I could well be wrong as it was a long time since I last paid attention) and the fact it is being shipped from China does suggest knock-off to me but I might be being overly susupicious here. :)

Soldato
A lot of frames are knocked together in the far east these days, they're still good quality and the XTC frames are well worth the money so don't be put off. I'd be wary of buying over the net though purely because you really should try before you buy. Hand built frames from reputable companies will cost you a lot more though.

I used to ride a Spooky frame built by a chap called Frank The Welder in a shed in New York, paid £675 for it but it really was a work of art. There's a pic in the Bike Pics thread somewhere.

Soldato
Big Chris said:
A lot of frames are knocked together in the far east these days, they're still good quality and the XTC frames are well worth the money so don't be put off. I'd be wary of buying over the net though purely because you really should try before you buy. Hand built frames from reputable companies will cost you a lot more though.

I used to ride a Spooky frame built by a chap called Frank The Welder in a shed in New York, paid £675 for it but it really was a work of art. There's a pic in the Bike Pics thread somewhere.

A spooky metalhead?

Back
Top Bottom