• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 3090 gaming oc thermal pads

Associate
I was having major throttling on this card, with the junction temps hitting 110. I decided to change the pads, and found a little surprise!!!

4wANtv4.jpg

I have never seen this before! After the re-padding (thermal odyssey) I now top out at 86 degrees. All is good, but I’m astonished at the qc, or should I say lack of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Fixed your image for you! You need to stick the actual file URL in IMG tags, the page imgur gives you is for the page of the image and the forum doesn't know what to with it in those tags.

With ref to the actual image content... Did they just have no pads, or is that blue pad with the application film still on how they had it :eek:?

Associate
There's a thernal pad that hasn't even had the protective plastic film taken off of it.
Wow that’s terrible. I assumed that it was a new pad he bought.

A colleague of mine had high temps on his 3090FE. We opened it and one pad was folded: so not only it was extra thick but it didn’t cover the whole area ...

Back
Top Bottom