Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 + Ryzen

Associate
Hi Guys

At first i hope, that i've put this thread in the right category.

Now to my problem:

One month ago i've build an PC-System with the following components.

MB: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 (latest BIOS version)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM: 2*Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16:
PS: Enermax Platimax 600W
Gra.: Zotac GTX 1070 Extreme

Everthing worked fine, i could play almost every game on highest settings and the temperatures of CPU and Gra. didn't reach 55°C, which is an good value, i think.

Yesterday i've shutdown my PC as usually. Today i startet it and all components start, but i get no monitor output. So i have disconnected every component, which is not neccessary. Then i tried the RAM with only one stick and it didn't help. i tried an old power supply and nothing changed.
I tried an old graphic card and another RAM (from another Ryzen PC) and the problem still exists.
I reset the CMOS, removed the battery for 10 min and replaced the battery with a new one.

The MB has 4 LEDs (BOOT, CPU, RAM, VGA) which indicate problems with components and 2 of them are on. The CPU LED lights for 5 seconds and then turns of for 1 second. In this one second the RAM LED lights and turns off again. This behaviour is repeating all the time.

I've run out of ideas. Maybe you have an idea, what the problem could be.

Thank you in advance.

Associate
Are you sure the lights indicate an issue? Pretty sure mine are lit up under normal circumstances. Sounds silly but have you tried a different cable/monitor, or tested them with a working device?

I had issues with the RAM slots I was using on my mobo (followed the manual which didn't work but the other two slots did) but shouldn't be an issue if you've had it working before and it was just a standard shutdown.

Next thing I'd be looking to do is take it out the case and testing it with no ram, then one stick then with gpu etc. The main culprit here is likely to be the RAM if it's not the monitor or cable from prior experience.

Back
Top Bottom