Gigabyte AB350M

Soldato
I can't get this to control any of my fans, including the cpu. They all worked fine on my previous GA-970A-UD3P. Is this something to do with them being 3 pin fans instead of 4? Is there any way around this? Thanks

Soldato
UBe6vPu.jpg

If you've tried changing the CPU Fan Control Mode at the bottom already (which should change the "PWM" to DC or something else in the graph), could it be the BIOS still needs work on that front? Like for fast RAM.

Soldato
OP
That's excellent, many thanks. Never seen fans controlled by the bios, or only by the bios. The latter must be because it's a cheap board.

Soldato
That's excellent, many thanks. Never seen fans controlled by the bios, or only by the bios. The latter must be because it's a cheap board.

That's probably because your previous board was Gigabyte too. They've been slow to catch up with Asus and MSI (not sure how ASRock's fan control has compared in recent years), in this respect. :)

Soldato
Most of their fan headers now are 5-in-1 function . built one system with mixture of fans and water temp 2 pin hooked up to it along with 3 pin pump :)
Able to control 3 pin fans better then MSI and Asus but BIOS isn't as good and like wise with software , needs to improve

Back
Top Bottom