Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

Associate
Ok, this is what im talking about... Finally, a slim, lightweight heavyweight in a discrete package. This could be my Christmas present to myself. 15.6" tick, Slim bezel, light at 2.1kgs tick, powerful gpu tick, reasonable temps, low (for a gaming laptop!) noise and battery life, 512gb SSD tick! Supposedly 10% down on a full fat gtx1070, but a decent improvement on the GTX1060.

@Atom80 Can you verify the whether or not the laptop allows Optimus? Any idea of release the date? Also, can I ask you to look at the comments made by people at the end of this Hexus review, echoes exactly my sentiment towards garish 'gaming' laptops.
I think Aorus/Gigabyte truly have a winner here, well done.

Link to Hexus Review: https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/110294-gigabyte-aero-15x/?page=9

Last edited:
Associate
Looks appealing but if it was me - I would be waiting on other real world temperature tests from other reviewers and especially new owners. I seem to recall a while back when the older Aero 15 was released and various reviewers raving about how great the peak CPU / GPU temperatures were... but that was only because they were testing it with Overwatch. That aside though and with more intensive games like BF1, it held up well but CPU / GPU temps still peak into the 90's on average after 30 mins or so of game play but with little to no throttling.

Other owners of the older Aero 15 on the NBR forum who religiously game on it tend to use laptop coolers as well, and this is mainly down to how warm the chassis gets after a moderate session.

Liam.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
&
Ok, this is what im talking about... Finally, a slim, lightweight heavyweight in a discrete package. This could be my Christmas present to myself. 15.6" tick, Slim bezel, light at 2.1kgs tick, powerful gpu tick, reasonable temps, low (for a gaming laptop!) noise and battery life, 512gb SSD tick! Supposedly 10% down on a full fat gtx1070, but a decent improvement on the GTX1060.

@Atom80 Can you verify the whether or not the laptop allows Optimus? Any idea of release the date? Also, can I ask you to look at the comments made by people at the end of this Hexus review, echoes exactly my sentiment towards garish 'gaming' laptops.
I think Aorus/Gigabyte truly have a winner here, well done.

Link to Hexus Review: https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/110294-gigabyte-aero-15x/?page=9

Hi JimboJet,

Thanks for the post and the feedback.

Release date...... 2nd October. That's TODAY !

Purchaser has been away from OcUK for the last weeks or so, but we aim to have product set up with clockers this week.

@JimboJet & @Crixus00 - Re Optimus and G-syn points:

"Becasue of the panel we are using has the unique 5mm bezel , not only our laptop but also the panel has to support G-Sync. But for now, there's no thin bezel panel that can support G-Sync. The other point is, Optimus architecture can't support G-Sync. Only Discrete architecture can support it. AERO15 is using Optimus architecture. Therefore, there won't be G-Sync on AERO15"

Hope that clarifies on all points...

Regards

Atom80

Associate
OP
This is much better anyway for a laptop imo. You get switchable graphics with Intel HD630 (not bad anyway as far as on board gpu performance goes) and vastly improved battery life for movies and office based applications when away from a power outlet. I don't think you'll need G sync for a couple of years with a GTX 1070(lite!) at 1920x1080 anyway.

I'll say it again, if temps and noise are under control then I think Aorus/Gigabyte have a winner here, well done.

Soldato
Actually considering this, instead of the Aorus X7 DT.

I noticed that the official Gigabyte YouTube channel say they’re currently workinging on a 120Hz panel..... if that’s true (and released soon), then I may be all over that. @Atom80 would you happen to have any insider info on that at all? I’m keen to make a purchase before the end of the year. Cheers!

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Actually considering this, instead of the Aorus X7 DT.

I noticed that the official Gigabyte YouTube channel say they’re currently workinging on a 120Hz panel..... if that’s true (and released soon), then I may be all over that. @Atom80 would you happen to have any insider info on that at all? I’m keen to make a purchase before the end of the year. Cheers!

Hi OCdude - we will enquire with HQ (they are on public holiday today) - email will be sent, response will be posted....

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

PS - we weren't aiming to sway you away from AORUS X7 DT ! Doh !

Soldato
Hi OCdude - we will enquire with HQ (they are on public holiday today) - email will be sent, response will be posted....

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

PS - we weren't aiming to sway you away from AORUS X7 DT ! Doh !

Haha, thanks. I’m still debating the X7, but the fan noise is putting me off a bit... plus I get a sneaking suspicion that it’ll be updated shortly after I buy it :p

Associate
Hey. @Atom80 - a couple of questions. I'm gonna get one of these babies for work (honest) - any news on getting them on overclockers? Seen them on Scan, but they're on our banned suppliers list for being nobs.

Also, the 15W reviews a while back mentioned a QHD panel in the works - is that incoming on the 15X at any point? Ideally very soon :)
Cheers

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey. @Atom80 - a couple of questions. I'm gonna get one of these babies for work (honest) - any news on getting them on overclockers? Seen them on Scan, but they're on our banned suppliers list for being nobs.

Also, the 15W reviews a while back mentioned a QHD panel in the works - is that incoming on the 15X at any point? Ideally very soon :)
Cheers

Hi martsky,,,,,,,,

We are working o the product set ups with OCUK,,,,, resource has been thin on the ground there side, hence the delay - but we are trying :)

We are enquiring on the panels with HQ...

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

OcUK Staff
Now available:

Gigabyte AERO 15X-CF1 NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, 15.6" FHD, Intel i7-7700HQ Gaming Laptop @ £2,198.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...-Intel-i7-7700HQ-Gaming-Laptop-LT-08G-GI.html

AERO 15X-CF1, 15.6" Gigabyte AERO 15X-CF1, Max-Q, FHD, i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 2x 512GB NVMe SSD, 8GB GTX 1070, Thunderbolt3, Win10 Pro

Only £2,198.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gigabyte AERO 15X-CF2 NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, 15.6" FHD, Intel i7-7700HQ Gaming Laptop @ £1,999.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...-Intel-i7-7700HQ-Gaming-Laptop-LT-08H-GI.html

AERO 15X-CF2, 15.6" Gigabyte AERO 15X-CF1, Max-Q, FHD, i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, 8GB GTX 1070, Thunderbolt3, Win10 Pro

Only £1,999.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Cheers @Gibbo - any idea when they'll be available?

cheers

Martin

Just set these up with Mr Gibbo - order is placed and we expect stock to be arriving within next 2 weeks, maybe a bit sooner - we will confirm with HQ on Wednesday next week (Taiwan on public holidays Mon/Tue)

Suggest placing Pre-order as stock is going to be limited, with supply improving a lot during Oct/November.

Hope that's OK,

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Given the price is in-line with the Razer Blade 14... I'd find it hard to justify as the Razer is such a brilliant product (best laptop I've had by far).

More screen real estate and better gpu and larger battery capacity. The max-q 1070 is at least 20% more powerful than the happy throttle 1060 in the blade. And the Max-Q is Nvidia's design for slim note books.

There's a bunch of reasons.

Associate
OP
In addition, it's not as garish, will have a much longer battery life due to having optimus enabled and a larger battery, and it has a numberpad.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
More screen real estate and better gpu and larger battery capacity. The max-q 1070 is at least 20% more powerful than the happy throttle 1060 in the blade. And the Max-Q is Nvidia's design for slim note books.

There's a bunch of reasons.

In addition, it's not as garish, will have a much longer battery life due to having optimus enabled and a larger battery, and it has a numberpad.

@crinkleshoes - I think the above just about covers it... but also don't forget the funky USB charging port on our AC Adaptor :)

X1R0DPk.jpg

Thanks for your input @JimboJet & @MiSJAH , appreciated :)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Just set these up with Mr Gibbo - order is placed and we expect stock to be arriving within next 2 weeks, maybe a bit sooner - we will confirm with HQ on Wednesday next week (Taiwan on public holidays Mon/Tue)

Suggest placing Pre-order as stock is going to be limited, with supply improving a lot during Oct/November.

Hope that's OK,

Regards,

Atom80

Pre-order placed...

*taps foot impatiently*

Are they nearly here yet?

Back
Top Bottom