Gigabyte Aorus AM4 agesa update

Soldato
OP
Anything above 3.8ghz is a bonus . Might get a lucky one and 4ghz but will take more voltage to get their then 1800x and IMC might not be as strong - the weak link in Ryzen chain, faster the speed, the faster the Cashe which is the problem as it's 1:1 ratio .
Try 3.9ghz , if you make that then done and sorted

Associate
Anything above 3.8ghz is a bonus . Might get a lucky one and 4ghz but will take more voltage to get their then 1800x and IMC might not be as strong - the weak link in Ryzen chain, faster the speed, the faster the Cashe which is the problem as it's 1:1 ratio .
Try 3.9ghz , if you make that then done and sorted

why do people use ryzen master just out of question ?

do i want c states enabled and cool n quiet ?

Soldato
Installed the F10 BIOS tonight for my Gaming 5, now the fans seem to be faster on the normal setting, anyone else notice this? Not sure if this is an intended change, a bug, or if the F9c was bugged and running slow lol.

Also my RAM still refuses to run at XMP settings despite the QVL for the board claiming it should, which is extra annoying as I paid £330 for it to replace my previous RAM specifically because GB claimed support lol.

Associate
Installed the F10 BIOS tonight for my Gaming 5, now the fans seem to be faster on the normal setting, anyone else notice this? Not sure if this is an intended change, a bug, or if the F9c was bugged and running slow lol.

Also my RAM still refuses to run at XMP settings despite the QVL for the board claiming it should, which is extra annoying as I paid £330 for it to replace my previous RAM specifically because GB claimed support lol.

Do you have pics at all, have you checked to make sure it saying the correct mhz

Soldato

What ram?

Have you tried upping the dram voltage?

Soldato
have you checked to make sure it saying the correct mhz
Yes, it runs 2133Mhz out of the box, if you select XMP it reboots a few times then posts back at 2133Mhz.

What ram?
G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR Trident Z RGB Series, I bought it especially because Gigabyte claimed compatibility with the Gaming 5. My previous Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black 3200 wouldn't do XMP (but wasn't on the QVL list), and the Team Group Elite 2400 kit I originally bought at launch wouldn't even post lol).

Getting to the point where I may just buy another board or move to Threadripper /sigh.

Associate
Yes, it runs 2133Mhz out of the box, if you select XMP it reboots a few times then posts back at 2133Mhz.

G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR Trident Z RGB Series, I bought it especially because Gigabyte claimed compatibility with the Gaming 5. My previous Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black 3200 wouldn't do XMP (but wasn't on the QVL list), and the Team Group Elite 2400 kit I originally bought at launch wouldn't even post lol).

Getting to the point where I may just buy another board or move to Threadripper /sigh.

ive managed to get my dark pro to sit at 3200 @ 1.35v, so might be worth a tweek

Soldato

I take it you have tried upping the dram voltage to 1.4 ish ?

Used the lpx on a couple of builds without problem before though they was the 350 gaming boards.

Soldato
Rolled back from F10 to F9c, the fan bug on F10 was just annoying me while trying to sleep and as there seems to be no performance or stability improvement with F10 it wasn't worth keeping.

Is that safe? I don't mind lowering the lifespan of the RAM as I don't intend to keep it forever but I don't want it failing in the next year or so.

Soldato

Used the lpx on a couple of builds without problem before though they was the 350 gaming boards.
can you remember what voltage you used on the lpx ram? I have 3200 and can't for the life of me get it past 2933/ never touched the voltage though as that is max rated by corsair at 1.35

Soldato
Rolled back from F10 to F9c, the fan bug on F10 was just annoying me while trying to sleep and as there seems to be no performance or stability improvement with F10 it wasn't worth keeping.

Is that safe? I don't mind lowering the lifespan of the RAM as I don't intend to keep it forever but I don't want it failing in the next year or so.

Not sure what fan bug you mean though I only use 4 of the headers. Seems stable to me though I'm not doing any extreme clocking ect .

Up to 1.45 is fine for ddr4

can you remember what voltage you used on the lpx ram? I have 3200 and can't for the life of me get it past 2933/ never touched the voltage though as that is max rated by corsair at 1.35

IIRC I just set to XMP on the LPX , give 1.4 a go if it no go.

Soldato
F10 runs the fans faster (and thus louder) than previous BIOSes, so the silent profile is about as loud as the normal used to be. It's been reported on the GB forums so they should be addressing it in future.

Ah, Always do custom curves as have WC'd
Would it not have been easier to just done a custom curve too rather than downgrading the entire BIOS ? :confused:

Soldato
Just a warning, some people are now reporting on the GB forums that the increased fan speed in F10 isn't actually due to a fan bug, it's due to F10 overvolting the CPU causing higher temps/PWM.

Soldato
Oh, My, God...

It's only taken Gigabyte AN ENTIRE YEAR but with the latest F22b BIOS the X370 Gaming 5 can now finally run rated speeds on the RAM Gigabyte has claimed compatibility with since launch lol.

cpuz.png

Soldato
What ram? I've given up hope of ever getting to 3200 (2933 currently)
G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR, it's a 32GB (4x8GB) 16-18-18-38 3200MHz kit.

It's on the certified list for the board as running at XMP and has been since launch but this is the first BIOS where it's actually booted at XMP, people on the GB forums reporting great success with the F22b BIOS and high speed G.Skill and Corsair kits, one guy even has 3600MHz XMP lol.

Back
Top Bottom