** GIGABYTE AORUS FI32U 32" 4K 144HZ FREESYNC £900 - PRE-ORDER NOW **

OcUK Staff
Hi everybody,

A monitor a lot of people have been asking about I can now link with an ETA!

Great spec with 4K, 144Hz, Freesync, HDMI 2.1, 1ms, SS IPS panel, with KVM switch now available to pre-order.

Stock should be with us approx September 1st!

Gigabyte Aorus 32" FI32U 3840x2160 4K SS IPS 144Hz 1ms HDR400 FreeSync Widescreen LED Backlit Gaming Monit @ £898.99 inc VAT

Display Resolution 3840x2160 4K UHD, Display Size 32", Refresh Rate144Hz , FreeSync Premium Pro, 1ms Response Time, Contrast Ratio 1000:1, Panel Type SS IPS, HDR400, HDMI 2.1

Only £898.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Awesome! been waiting for this monitor to arrive with someone reputable in the UK. Have pre-ordered now, fingers crossed it will be around september the 1st!

Associate
Ill be happy if its within next month, thought the wait might be longer to be honest. Had a TPM card on order from gigabyte for months and no sign of it yet!

Associate
Not see that review yet, watched quite a few so far (including the asian ones) Yeah its definately not the best one out there but going to be quite the upgrade from my 40" 4k 60fps tv I have been playing on. Its less than a 3rd of the price of the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX which is an eye watering £3300!

Soldato
Doesn't look great, lack of HDR aside, that panel response is pretty average for the asking price, but certainly cheaper compared the ASUS.

Gah, I may continue to wait for a monitor upgrade for another year yet. We need more 30"-40" 16:9 options.

Associate
@Phunky I have had a few hours use of it today and its a fantastic monitor in my opinion. The review linked earlier in this thread what quite negative and the only negative review I have seen of this monitor to be honest. I was worried it would be too small as I upgraded from a 40" 4k TV, I considered the 43" Aorus monitor as that also has a good refresh rate and its also much brighter, but I didn't want to go bigger than 40" as I already have two other monitors each side and my desk is only 3 meters long. I don't really have any other high refresh rate or HDR monitors to compare against as the TV I was using was only 60hz. The picture is slightly better in some games with HDR enabled, not too noticeable but not what I bought the monitor for so just an added bonus to have basic HDR functionality. All games seem to run much better at the same graphics settings (everything maxed out, not sure if just due to running on display port now rather than an old hdmi cable or just the fact there is zero page tearing etc now).
Very happy with it so far, The only issue I had was working out how to get both audio from the PC over display port, and from consoles plugged in via HDMI. The manual does not really go into it, there is a jack for headphones and what looks like an optical out too. The headphones port only works with the ESS sabre output which is fine on display port, but not HDMI. The optical port is a combination one though so you can plug your 3.5mm jack into there too for speakers or headphones then both sources output there.
I can actually make the most out of my high DPI mouse now as the monitor can keep up with it, response times seem fine to me but then I could still top a leader board playing on a TV with terrible response times and 60fps. Its certainly a lot faster than I could possibly react now, not that I play any fast paced competitive games these days.
Going to have to replace my other monitors now with at least 120fps :rolleyes:

I'm sure something better will come along in the future, but then that goes for all PC components and accessories doesn't it.

Associate
Update 08/17/2021: We were able to confirm that although the Gigabyte AORUS FI32U supports HDMI 2.1, it's limited to 24Gbps, and relies on Display Stream Compression (DSC) 1.2a for anything that requires higher bandwidth. This introduces some limits on the supported resolutions, depending on the source device. You can read more about the supported resolutions here. That page is for the Gigabyte M28U, but the supported resolutions are the same for this monitor, as both displays have the same limitations.

The Gigabyte AORUS FI32U is one of the few monitors on the market to feature two HDMI 2.1 ports, but they're limited to 24Gbps instead of the maximum of 48Gbps.

not sure why in hell they wouldd do this either, limits some ps5 stuff. Monitor is a good looker, just shame they cut corners

Man of Honour
I confirmed with Gigabyte on this and their bee 4K HDMI 2.1 screens were designed and planned at a time when it was expected both consoles would support DSC over hdmi (which is what the monitor supports)

for Xbox X, that should support DSC and so it doesn’t matter, you can still do 4K 120Hz 4:4:4 chroma although their lab is currently verifying that for me to be certain.

For PS5 the sacrifice isn’t as much as you’d initially think. The console is already capped by Sony to 4K 120Hz 4:2:2 chroma anyway (even on full bandwidth HDMI 2.1). And because it doesn’t support DSC, this display drops that a bit more to 4K 120Hz 4:2:0

TFTCentral review coming soon but available early access in full for supporters here: https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-fi32u

Soldato
I confirmed with Gigabyte on this and their bee 4K HDMI 2.1 screens were designed and planned at a time when it was expected both consoles would support DSC over hdmi (which is what the monitor supports)
With HDMI 2.1 being soon four years old standard that's poor excuse for not supporting it fully.

Also HDMI is clearly following USB-C's messy garbage of standard meaning nothing certain, if this kind only partial support is allowed without clear specifying of it.
Heck, that train wreck really started when they didn't make some kind substandards for partial support.

While FI32U isn't much behind the best, it's best to just bypass marketing speeches and look for numbers.
Rtings gives nice adjective for even monitors with clearly outdated second rate performance.

Caporegime
TFTCentral review coming soon but available early access in full for supporters here: https://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/gigabyte-aorus-fi32u

For info BA since this started I've stopped visiting TFTCentral for reviews as they're behind the curve with new products for general release (unless it's historic and am looking for a review for an older monitor). Actually can't remember the last time I went to TFT to see a new monitor review, possibly a year or more.

Understandable though if you're making more money for site maintenance etc, which I hope is the case.

Man of Honour
For info BA since this started I've stopped visiting TFTCentral for reviews as they're behind the curve with new products for general release (unless it's historic and am looking for a review for an older monitor). Actually can't remember the last time I went to TFT to see a new monitor review, possibly a year or more.

Understandable though if you're making more money for site maintenance etc, which I hope is the case.
Fair enough. When you say “new monitors for general release”, can you elaborate on the kind of screens you mean?

Had plenty of new monitors ahead of their release although sometimes bound by slower U.K. availability compared with other regions.
some of which are still pretty much exclusive. Eg LG 32EP950 OLED as an example recently.

a site hosting and platform migration recently used up a lot of my time but I’m back to focusing on news and reviews now :) Gigabyte FI32U was the latest (only just released in the U.K.). Dell U2422HE and U2722DE with me now which are new. Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ and Gigabyte FO48U expected with me soon

Caporegime
Fair enough. When you say “new monitors for general release”, can you elaborate on the kind of screens you mean?

For instance the new 32" 4k/144hz screens that are popping up and reviews are upcoming. If I was interested for instance I'd be looking towards HWUB/Rtings etc for the first reviews out whereas before TFTCentral used to be on that list too but now it's pointless checking as there's always a delay due to Patreon now which is fair enough as you need revenue to survive.

Guess it's just a mindshare factor.

Man of Honour
For instance the new 32" 4k/144hz screens that are popping up and reviews are upcoming. If I was interested for instance I'd be looking towards HWUB/Rtings etc for the first reviews out whereas before TFTCentral used to be on that list too but now it's pointless checking as there's always a delay due to Patreon now which is fair enough as you need revenue to survive.

Guess it's just a mindshare factor.

I must have written and deleted a reply to this about 10 times. I’m just doing to leave it, it’s not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom