Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 vs ASrock Taichi?

Soldato
I believe @8 Pack is waiting a little bit for Aorus to sort some tweaks out for the board before testing but I believe has tested ASRock, might be worth an ask/wait to see if you've got time .

3600 ram speed stated will take a bit of time unless you want to drop PCIe to Gen 2.0 and speed a lot of time tweaking ...

Associate
OP
I believe @8 Pack is waiting a little bit for Aorus to sort some tweaks out for the board before testing but I believe has tested ASRock, might be worth an ask/wait to see if you've got time .

3600 ram speed stated will take a bit of time unless you want to drop PCIe to Gen 2.0 and speed a lot of time tweaking ...
whil id love to wait, atm desktop is dead so being forced to work on laptop, while usable im not loving it

Soldato
whil id love to wait, atm desktop is dead so being forced to work on laptop, while usable im not loving it

Personally I'm biased towards Asus and Gigabyte and can't stand MSI ( not so much hardware but dealings with reps) .
CH6 seems not to have gotten off smoothly and haven't heard to much from K7 compared to others, from few reviews seems solid .
Take it if ASRock you'd go through OCUK? (Recommended)

Associate
OP
asus im not wild about but the asrock issue is they arent in stock, not here or anywhere i would have confidence ordering from, otherwise i tihnk the asrock two would be the top contenders, especially the taichi i think but..... out of stock and not sure i can wait, unless its about to come into stock super soon

Soldato
I believe K7 should match it par for par but couldn't say 100% , although lots of Asrock boards at Distributors so shouldn't take to long to hit resellers :) bank hols might be slowing things down a bit

Associate
I have the Gaming 5, the bios seems pretty limited compared to my old Asus Z170 Sabertooth, but the K7 should be a bit more loaded with features.

Associate
OP
i got the gigabyte, and so far it hates telling the ram to run at 2933. so its running at 2133, hmm cant say im super pleased but havent had time to really play with it, but somwhat irritated it wont just run at that speed as it easily should.

OcUK Staff
For many everything above 2666+ is a struggle to be consistent and stable.

For me asrock is better than gigabyte currently in this department and I have reported this to gigabyte.

If run at the same mem speed efficiency is about the same across these two boards.

Asrock will be back in Stock late this week.

Associate
I went with the Taichi, I can't fault it. It has some stellar reviews that I would agree with. I'd struggle to say anything bad about the board, the most I could come up with probably is a lack of a description in the manual of some of the advanced features in the BIOS.

Associate
i got the gigabyte, and so far it hates telling the ram to run at 2933. so its running at 2133, hmm cant say im super pleased but havent had time to really play with it, but somwhat irritated it wont just run at that speed as it easily should.
is that the k7? I'm on the G5 and its got the RAM on 3200 no issues. But they are samsung IC

Associate
OP
is that the k7? I'm on the G5 and its got the RAM on 3200 no issues. But they are samsung IC

yep the k7

For many everything above 2666+ is a struggle to be consistent and stable.

For me asrock is better than gigabyte currently in this department and I have reported this to gigabyte.

If run at the same mem speed efficiency is about the same across these two boards.

Asrock will be back in Stock late this week.

id have taken the asrock but old desktop died so i really couldnt wait

Associate
I totally agree! My view was coming from two other boards that were fussy. It seems the tachi is more forgiving here. I wanted one but my ocd couldn't get over the cog design not making sense :D

Back
Top Bottom