• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 570 4096MB good choice or not?

Associate
OP
hopefully RMA will be very quick specially if its in stock :D or OCUK test the card and its non-faulty they normally carry out their checks pretty quick.

does your mobo/cpu have the feature to run a display off them without the need for a a gpu?
if so, might be worth running it to see as well as running DDU (Driver Displayer Uninstaller to clear any Nvidia/AMD drivers hanging around) if you didn't already. some people swear by this when even updating to latest driver. I dont but I do when switching between AMD/Nvidia cards.~
With new builds now I dont install GPU till windows is 100% updated then add it and install the drivers .

did all that, it was super fun rebooting over and over again, lol. the mobo has an hdmi out but as far as i know it does nothing without an apu in the cpu, se why the f its there ive no idea

I know an Asus Strix RX470 8GB will work with a Asus M5a97 EVO R2.0 since my mate just got one,so I would expect an RX470/RX570 should generally be fine,so hopefully its a slightly wonky card.

oh thats my old mobo, must update, lol

Soldato
did all that, it was super fun rebooting over and over again, lol. the mobo has an hdmi out but as far as i know it does nothing without an apu in the cpu, se why the f its there ive no idea

oh thats my old mobo, must update, lol

ah i see, have a X370 K7 :D got myself a K5.

does sound like a bad card which is a shame, and yeah your right, for APU chip. Hopefully your new card will slot straight in and work off the bat.
although the rebooting over and over could be a few other issues. but hopefully doesn't come to that
OCUK give you any time frame when replacement will be shipped out?

Associate
OP
well i asked for speed (was hoping id be inside their shiiping time deadlin) if i just buy another they could send and so i d have gotten today, so they said sure well just mark the return one for a refund. i missed the cut off so i have till 4pm to order what i want for coming tomorrow

Associate
OP
well old mobo, basicaly died, wierd death butneeden replaced tohugh may as well jump up to new platform. wallet however is less than thrilled about the whole thing

Associate
OP
replacement card now ordered for ariving tomorrow. anynone know whow quick ocuk are about refunding the other one when they get it? wallet would like the 180 back in fairly quickly

Soldato
no help to you really, but i dont know about that creator driver you mention, but i recently updated to the game ready 381.89 driver thats just come out and all is fine, in fact drivers prior have been running fine? i have the gtx 750, so newer than yours, but weaker.

on another note, that Aorus posted on the 1st page looks awesome, looks nicer than the msi gaming.

Associate
OP
no help to you really, but i dont know about that creator driver you mention, but i recently updated to the game ready 381.89 driver thats just come out and all is fine, in fact drivers prior have been running fine? i have the gtx 750, so newer than yours, but weaker.

on another note, that Aorus posted on the 1st page looks awesome, looks nicer than the msi gaming.

it wasnt the creator driver, the windows creator update, apparently has some issue with nvidia drivers where it black screens, and somtimes just leaves you with a white mouse pointer but everything else is black. thats what it was doing even with the supposedly fixed nvidia driver. why i dont really get but its apparently more comon with the laptop gpu but for what ever reason i was too.

Soldato
oh right fair enough, i dont usually have driver issues on either team unless its trying to get old tech(like dx9/dx10 era) to run on windows 7 and above, guess it was just a bad batch when you got it, but least you sorted and getting something better.

Associate
OP
oh right fair enough, i dont usually have driver issues on either team unless its trying to get old tech(like dx9/dx10 era) to run on windows 7 and above, guess it was just a bad batch when you got it, but least you sorted and getting something better.
Well its jot gotten any better, the 570, the second 570 hard restarts the computer when try to install the driver. No idea why and ocuks suggestion was buy another PSU to try as see it that's the issue

Soldato
that might be a good idea then, get a replacement psu or get a decent spare to test as if its happening on 2 different types of cards then it cant be driver issue unless they dont like your windows version(assuming you a win user) or some other compatibility issue.

Back
Top Bottom