gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Associate
Good thing about the Gaming 5 White Rear , If you have a Printer & buy CLEAR A4 INKJET SELF ADHESIVE STICKER LABEL FILM ,Can do you own Logo/Icons or Full on Art work all over :)
Easy Peel off also to change the Art work .

Last edited:
Associate
Well i installed the...
GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX Motherboard
& input the same settings /Volts on the CPU ...all good again 3.9ghz stable 1.393volts

same settings as the Gigabyte-GA-AB350-Gaming 3 & Gaming 5 , Just shows it comes down to the CPU ,some will require more or less volts & some will clock higher or low

Love my Phanteks PH-TC14s

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well i installed the...
GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 Micro ATX Motherboard
& input the same settings /Volts on the CPU ...all good again 3.9ghz stable 1.393volts

same settings as the Gigabyte-GA-AB350-Gaming 3 & Gaming 5 , Just shows it comes down to the CPU ,some will require more or less volts & some will clock higher or low

Love my Phanteks PH-TC14s
Nice one. Seems you've struck it lucky with the chip.
I know it's subjective but that cooler is fugly!! But then I've gone totally off all air coolers. They just look like huge abominations!! Lol

Associate
Haha & That is one of the pretty Air Coolers :) , Well i can get to 3.9 fine , Not tried 4.0 & don't really want to for sake of 100mhz & big temps ,Would need a CPU Liquid cooler also.

Soldato
OP
Il
Haha & That is one of the pretty Air Coolers :) , Well i can get to 3.9 fine , Not tried 4.0 & don't really want to for sake of 100mhz & big temps ,Would need a CPU Liquid cooler also.
l let you know what it's like at 4.0 when I get set up :p

Probably just jinxed myself now - I'll get a potato that maxes at 3.8 even under water!!

Soldato
OP
well for better or for worse the cpu/ram/mobo are ordered

R5 1600
Gigabyte Gaming 5 Motherboard
2x8GB Corsair LPX Ram (knowing my luck it wont be Samsung B die, I believe it's a toss of the coin with this ram)

Associate
Well i installed the beta bios & now running my LPX 3000MHZ Corsair at 2933mhz ,Version 3.21 -
Micron ICs

Version 5.31 / 5.39 SK hynix
Version 4.31 Samsung

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
v5.39 - google seems to suggest Hynix but a link I found says 'amd found positive results using v5.39' so take from that what you will. be later in the week before I start to build it so we'll see

Associate
I seem to have the worse ICs ..Micron ...But with the beta bios it runs them at 2933mhz :)

Version 5.31 / 5.39 SK hynix
Version 4.31 Samsung
Version 3.21 Micron

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Only got time there now to even open the motherboard box and look at it.

Dayum that's a thing of beauty. My earlier concerns about the white shroud were totally unfounded. Actually looks ok in real life. Not as garishly white as the pictures look, plus it appears to be simply held on by 2 screws so removing (and replacing, god forbid,should warranty require) is very straight forward.

Associate
Only got time there now to even open the motherboard box and look at it.

Dayum that's a thing of beauty. My earlier concerns about the white shroud were totally unfounded. Actually looks ok in real life. Not as garishly white as the pictures look, plus it appears to be simply held on by 2 screws so removing (and replacing, god forbid,should warranty require) is very straight forward.

white shroud = Art Mods :)

Back
Top Bottom