Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Read the announcement about this the other week.

It's another 3440x1440 VA ultrawide, but more discreet, less "gamer" looking, and depending on pricing, could be rather good, as unlike the iiyama, and AOC, this seems to have both freesync and g-sync compatibility support according to its product page. So hopefully no flickering that seems to plague the iiyama and AOC version of this panel!

Link to site;

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Monitor/G34WQC#kf

ljt

ljt

Soldato
OP
it is tempting I must admit, because my current monitor limits me to nvidia only if I want to retain variable refresh rate. so i'm looking for a replacement that doesn't tie me down to one GPU vendor

Associate
Just pre ordered as well looks great, hopefully it stacks up. My first ultra wide, here's hoping I grab a 3080 cos my 970 is going to struggle with this lol.

Associate
Good afternoon.
It will be my second post on this excellent forum ( a lot of resources )

Looking at this monitor for a while.

I am hesitating. Correct me if I am wrong :

This G34WQC is DP 1.4
This G34WQC is G-Sync Compatible Ready and Freesync Premium

If I compare to another one at same price range : Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1
This GB3466WQSU-B1 is DP 1.2
This GB3466WQSU-B1 is Freesync Premium Pro

Linked to an Nvidia Video Card, Can I say the Gigabyte is a better combo than the iiyama ? Or both should act similarly using the 144hz panel. Will I see a difference using a monitor with DP 1.4 instead of 1.2 or not important at all ?

and another last question : what would be the difference in real time usage between a Freesync Premium Pro vs Gsync Compatible Ready and an adaptive sync technology alone like on the AOC CU34G2X

Thank you.

Ps : Here is a small video on the Gigabyte monitor :

Last edited:
Associate
I hated the look of the ultrawide monitors when they first came out. It wasn't until I actually got to use one for gaming that I found they are actually pretty good. I've been tempted many times to get one but not sure if it's for me. I like having 2 separate monitors so I can have different things on each one.

Back
Top Bottom