Gigabyte G34WQC - 1440p ultrawide

Associate
Well, installed and setup. But no USB3 cable in the box to use OSD Sidekick yet.
Only set up so far on my Work machine (being a home worker and all).
I will get it setup on my gaming PC after 17:00 this afternoon and will do a quick run through with some games etc.

uwmon.jpg

Associate
Thank you very much.
What is your graphic card ?
And yes please, test if everything is oki and not buggy colors, refresh rate, flicker, lighting, settings...

Associate
Hi,

My graphic card is a Palit GeForce RTX 2060 StormX from our friends here at OcUK!

I have ordered a USB3 cable for delivery tomorrow. So I will be able to also test the OSD Sidekick then!

If I can get my Phone Camera setup - I may do a walk through of the OSD Menus and upload to YT.

I will try and test everything I can!

This will be the first time doing this - so happy for any recommended apps/videos etc :)

Associate
Perfect sir thank you. I will watch your review with attention when uploaded
No dead pixel for your unit ?

What do you mean by osd sidekick ?

Associate
OK so, as someone who has used a 60hz 24" Dell monitor using 1920x1200 res, for over a decade, I am pretty behind on modern monitor tech. All I can say is, compared to that, this thing is out of this world.

Associate
Can't say about gsynch as I'm running a gtx 970, which is struggling, although tbf I'm testing it with msfs2020 and I seem to be only run it at 100hz, but I suspect that's gcard related as well.

Probably need to play with the settings a bit more, but first impressions, damn it's nice.

Associate
Outch 970 for a 34 ultra wide is not enough. I started with that in 2014-2015... and had to change rapidly as it was clearly not enough.
Enjoy your monitor. I hope we will see other reviews then with pascal cards or higher.

Associate
Oh i absolutely agree, with any luck next week i will bag a 3080 that should do it some justice then.

The rest of my machine is fine, i've just been waiting for the new gcards. I'm running a 3900x, 32gb ram, 1tb nvme etc etc.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
OP
Could always try tapping it to see if it moves :p (depending on where it is on the screen that is - don't do it if it's not in line of sight, as it may knock it right into the centre or within your vision)

Back
Top Bottom