Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L ?

Permabanned
Short answer, yes, its P43 so doesnt support multiple gfx cards, but should clock quite well, without knowing your requirements its hard to give detailed answer but yeah its a good board

Soldato
OP
It's for a quiet system with very low RPM fans so everything will be run at stock and was told this was a very cool running Motherboard due to it's 2 oz copper and a energy saving function that can keep the mosfets very cool when idle.

?

Associate
Short answer, yes, its P43 so doesnt support multiple gfx cards, but should clock quite well, without knowing your requirements its hard to give detailed answer but yeah its a good board

ok maybe a dumb question but is the p43 chipset essentially the same as p45 but without crossfire?

I have been looking at buying the asus p45 turbo but have no intention of crossfiring...perhaps the p43 chipset would actually suit me better.

Skal.

Associate
The problem i have with Asus p43 or p45 mbs is the location of the atx socket being near the cpu hence your cables becomes messy and interferes with airflow. Other mb have atx socket at the edge of mbs hence cable are easy to fit and kept out of the way.

Just my humble opinion (and 'experts' from computer mags)

Soldato
ok maybe a dumb question but is the p43 chipset essentially the same as p45 but without crossfire?

I have been looking at buying the asus p45 turbo but have no intention of crossfiring...perhaps the p43 chipset would actually suit me better.

Skal.

The p43 chipset is essentially a rejected p45 (for what ever reasons) and so if you don't intend on using crossfire then the p43 is a sound choice financially.

They clock well and, depending on the model you pick, it will have all the optional extras that you might need (apart from multiple gfx.).

Associate
Quick question re: p43 boards. Currently running a P43 gigabyte MB (not at home and can't remember the exact model) with e8400. Bought it when my old Mb died as I didn't need Xfire. However, it seems to have a FSB wall at about 400 (can post at 3.65ghz max). With this in mind would I be right in thinking that if I want to upgrade to a quad core CPU in the future the best bet in terms of a decent OC would be a q6700 with a high X10multi? Fairly new to OCing so I may b missing something obvious here!

Back
Top Bottom