Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R vs Asus P6T SE

Soldato
I'm having real trouble deciding between these two for my overclocked i7 920 build.

The Gigabyte has SLI support which although I don't plan on using, is nice to have just in case. It is also regarded as a good board for overclocking. However it only has 4 DIMM sockets and two full length PCIe slots.

The Asus on the other hand doesn't have SLI support, but has the full complement of PCIe and DIMM. I believe the BIOS is a little more more user friendly and Asus is a generally regarded as the better "brand".

I am not particularly interested in little bells and whistles, just which would offer the most stable, reliable overclocking platform and is likely to be supported best in the future with BIOS updates etc.

Permabanned
I've never read a bad review of the UD3R. If you need 12GB of RAM then get something else (who the hell needs that much memory anyway?).

Gigabyte's BIOS is also very good, don't worry about that.

Associate
Was going to post a seperate thread but my query is reasonably on topic :p

I've seen from some of the reviews that the UD3R has really tight spacing between its PCIe slots causing problems with SLI / Crossfire setups.

Anyone here able to comment?

Other than that one doubt, I'll be looking at the UD3R for my imminent upgrade....

(was thinking of a pair of 5850's but it would apply to the OP's SLI setup too :) )

Associate
Yeah thats fine, was just wondering what people's experience with SLI / Crossfire on these UD3R's has been?

Thankfully the 5850's are a bit cooler than some GPU's but I want to avoid unnecessary hot GPU's if possible :)

Soldato
If you are looking at overclocking i would forget about the P6TSE as i have had really poor overclocking results with the Asus. Couldnt say about the Gigabyte.

Back
Top Bottom