Gigabyte Gaab350 gaming 3 - bios settings reset after power off

Associate
Hello,

This has been happening for a while now and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I have a 2 month old gigabyte gaab350 gaming 3 mobo (f7 bios) that seems to reset to the default bios settings every time I switch it off via the wall socket or PSU. Date and time stay the same so it shouldn't be the cmos battery, and my saved profiles are also there too, again suggesting the battery is not the issue.

It's a mild inconvenience and quite irritating, as all I need to do is load up the profile with my OC settings on boot etc, but does anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?

Thanks

Associate
OP
This could be a memory issue. It fails to pass training at your oc speed so resets the bios to defaults inordinate to post.

Interesting, I have XMP enabled to bring the RAM up to the modules rated speeds (defaults to 2333mhz but runs at 2933mhz with this enabled, which is it's rated speed)

I'll try it with XMP disabled tonight and see what happens.

I have a spare cmos battery somewhere too, just need to find it!

Associate
memory issue happened to me with my Gaming 5 , Where the memory was not compatible at the time The PC went in a reboot phase then used the 2nd bios that had a early bios version & reset to the default bios settings,
For a little time had a strange thing happen with the little orange light was changing from main bios to 2nd bios all the time on desktop , All fine now with the bios updates for me .

Associate
OP
So just tried everything as stock and I still have the same issue. Also might be worth noting that it only happens when the power has been off for 5 or so minutes. So as 8pack suggested the memory might be to blame (incompatibility) or the mobo is a bit crummy.

I found my spare cmos battery but I don't think this is the problem, it appears to switch back and forth from the secondary bios (which I need to look into a bit more) guess I should give it a try. (EDIT: It's not the battery)

I could try the latest BIOS version f9d from gigabyte but I am always hesitant with these things, in fear of completely bricking myself out.

Last edited:
Associate
latest BIOS i got for my gaming 5 F9a , just unzip the bios folder onto a usb pen stick plug it in a front USB port ,go into bios & USE Q-flash start ,it only take min or so .

Soldato
Happens to myself on an Rog with 8 Pack ram . I was stable with 3466 speed but wasn't rock solid till I lowered the CL. Every chip is different and now can power down at wall and back up fine again . Was lucky with my K5 has had 32gb of memory that wasn't support and xmp to 2933 just fine. That was a cracking chip that one :)

Back
Top Bottom