• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 780ti

Associate
OP
Will i be able to use 2560x1080 with the Resolution Asus SonicMaster MX299Q 29" Ultra Widescreen Ultra Slim Bezel LED Monitor?

I read somewhere that it only supports the Res on DVI. Does this mean no sound, only images? Thus no gaming?

Associate
No sound doesn't mean your computer can't output sound, it just means the sound signal isn't sent to the monitor via the picture cable. Your monitor has a 3.5mm jack for sound in if you want to use it's built in speakers.

You can use dual-link DVI or display port for the resolution, not so sure about HDMI but then I'd pick either of the prior two over it given the choice anyway. Having said that, I don't use monitor speakers so you may feel differently :)

Soldato
Will i be able to use 2560x1080 with the Resolution Asus SonicMaster MX299Q 29" Ultra Widescreen Ultra Slim Bezel LED Monitor?

I read somewhere that it only supports the Res on DVI. Does this mean no sound, only images? Thus no gaming?
You need a displayport or HDMI cable then yes it supports the audio from the monitor. I had one of those monitors (before I returned it the next day for a refund under DSR) hooked up to my MSI GTX 780Ti via Display Port & HDMI the sound quality is very poor due to the low quality speakers in the TV but you can always use the headphone socket on the TV as that will read the audio from the GTX 780 Ti.

Associate
OP
I had one of those monitors (before I returned it the next day for a refund under DSR) hooked up to my MSI GTX 780Ti via Display Port & HDMI the sound quality is very poor due to the low quality speakers in the TV but you can always use the headphone socket on the TV as that will read the audio from the GTX 780 Ti.

Can i ask why you returned this? Am i going to be disappointed with it? Not that im going to use the monitor speakers but with them being of poor quality, does not bode well for the rest of the monitor?

Soldato
Can i ask why you returned this? Am i going to be disappointed with it? Not that im going to use the monitor speakers but with them being of poor quality, does not bode well for the rest of the monitor?
21:9 aspect ratio is very poorly supported in most recent games. The majority are hard coded for 16:9 aspect ratios so unless you select 1920x1080 & play with the large black bars either side the image looks odd.

The 29" is also equivalent to a 23" 16:9 monitor height wise which is very small to me. (the 34" 21:9 are much better now height wise they are equivalent to a 27" 16:9 monitor).

I also found issues with the ClearType text tuner in Win7 not producing a good allround image for me so my eyes were hurting a lot on some webpages. Asus software to tune this I found to very poor. I could not get used to this at all it gave me headaches so had to return under DSR & get a refund (after paying £30 P&P).

The picture was stunning & so is the build quality it also looks like a piece of art the engineering is very good but I did not think the issues I had were ignorable to me so I had to return as I was getting severe headaches.

You will not be dissapointed though its still a great monitor (the built in audio is very weak though so do not expect much its tinny sounding) but for an allround display I think 21:9 have too many issues as most content is 16:9 & PC games do not seem to be embracing 21:9 many just stick with forced 16:9. I think 21:9 is the new 16:10 format great idea, great picture but will fade away due to lack of support & manufacturing cost to produce the 21:9 panels when 16:9 is more widespread.

Soldato
Think I may have made a booboo with this graphics card.

Can anyone confirm if this psu is compatible with it? It's only got 6 pin PCI but the gpu comes with the correct cables. Every time I try yup stress test, my machine cuts out.

http://microdream.co.uk/pc-componen...-nps-750ab-1-b-atx-750w-psu-power-supply.html

If not, can anyone recommend a upgrade as it's well due. My mb is a gigabyte
Either of these 2 would be ok. They will be strong enough but if you can afford it look at paying around £130-150 for a stronger PSU if your going to overclock.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-044-SS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2466

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-043-SS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2383

Associate
OP
Could you recommend one priced around £130? Although, i don't plan to overclock so is a more expensive one necessary

Also, ''CONFIRMED: Not as shown in picture with semi-modular. PSU delivered is FULLY modular, i.e no cables attached''

Does this mean i need more cables as the ones on my current PSU wont fit either of the above suggestions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom