Gigabyte Global Warranty Warnings not Globaly equal

Associate
Hi All,

Dealing with Gigabyte warranty at the moment. Not the first time but usually its a complete pleasure.

However I have recently moved from the UK to the USA and discovered the warranty service is completely different. Not only are the customer service reps over here in the US pretty rude but also you have to ship your defective product back to them at your own cost. For a motherboard this cost is minimal but for a laptop your talking about a heavy bulky piece of equipment so shipping it back to them is going to be pricey.

Understand its a UK threads but this info mgiht be useful for some espcially the travelers like myself out there that where not aware of the different level of service provided under their " Global warranty".

Does anyone else know of any other Gaming Laptop companys that offer warrantys where you dont have to pay for shipping the product back to them? I know Dell and Alienware dont charge to ship back to them is there anymore out there, since once the warranty is up and this laptop has died ill be looking to go to a a new laptop form a company that doesnt charge shipping.

Soldato
TBH I know a lot of brands where if you are using the global warranty for service outside of the country of purchase it becomes mail/carry in.
Pretty sure this is true for MSI unless a rep can correct me.

Man of Honour
I've said it before - though I'm a Gigabyte fan the level of service and quality we see in the UK is not the wider case - as can be seen when stuff gets redirected from another region :s

Back
Top Bottom