Gigabyte P34W V3 - No Screen Backlight - Looking for spare parts

Associate
Hi,

I purchased a P34W V3-CF2 laptop from Overclockers in 2015 (OC1974814, warranty expired).

My problem is the lcd screen backlight does not power on. I can see the screen under a phone light and HDMI out works on an external monitor (non gpu issue).

Interestingly, if i press the hotkey to switch the screen on, it flashes for a very short moment but remains off...

My repair guy tested backlight inverter and says it works and the screen cable may be the culprit. However we cannot source a spare screen cable...

Where can I obtain spare parts for this laptop? Or do you have any ideas why backlight won't remain on, could it be mobo issue rather than a cable issue?

Thanks a lot.

Associate
These are simple things for your repair guy to diagnose, continuity check the cable would be my first step , then if that checks out ok i would check for power at the inverter , if you have power at the inverter input then check for power at the output , if you have power at the output then the backlight is faulty and you need a new screen which is good news as they are easy to source.

If the cable is good but you have no power to the inverter then somehthing is probably wrong with the board

Back
Top Bottom