Gigabyte P34W V5 Poor Build quality. Lid coming apart

Associate
So I've had my Laptop for for 17 months now and love it. The keyboard arrived defective one of the LED lights on it was flickering and they provided a replacement which was easily replaced and was super impressed at the time on their customer service.

Now 17 months in the lid is coming away from each other leaving a noticeable gap. Made worse when I open and close the lid so the laptop currently remains open. I contacted customer support and waited a week for a reply. Asked to open an RMA so we shall see if it gets resolved but for such an expensive laptop im a little disappointed that general wear and tear of opening the lid has caused it to come away from each other.

Associate
OP
Asked to return the laptop but generic copy and paste email about printing the label and returning with the a/c adapter. No information on how I am supposed to return it and whether i have to pay for it or not, compared to the first time I had an issue with my laptop and dealing with customer service bit disapointing overall

Associate
OP
Apparently have to return the product at my own cost for them to repair a defected product for something thats still currently under warranty. Didnt have to do that last time not a happy bunny

Associate
OP
That What i thought swell when I had an issue with the keyboard a year ago they bent over backwards to help me and offered to pick it up at no extra cost. Eventually on that issue they shipped me a new keyboard and I repaired it myself. Now all I'm getting is the run around with a general heres the RMA label print it off and ship it back to us! So frustrating since I've loved using the laptop for the last year and had a great experience first time around with customer service and now its turning into a nightmare all because the glue holding the ldi together is coming apart.

Associate
OP
I've had it confirmed by three associations now that I'll have to pay for shipping to RMA my laptop back to them to glue the lid back together. God knows how much that's going to cost sice it's not like it's a light pieces of equipment. It's most disappointing and unfortunately put me off from buying their products again if that's the case. It's a shame since I like their products but other companies I've bought of in the past have free shipping for RMAs so i guess next time I'm updating I'll be going back to one of them.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I've had it confirmed by three associations now that I'll have to pay for shipping to RMA my laptop back to them to glue the lid back together. God knows how much that's going to cost sice it's not like it's a light pieces of equipment. It's most disappointing and unfortunately put me off from buying their products again if that's the case. It's a shame since I like their products but other companies I've bought of in the past have free shipping for RMAs so i guess next time I'm updating I'll be going back to one of them.

Hi nobody 230,

Sorry for delay with this thread response. Please post your rma number and we will rectify. Should be C&R and not carriage cost to you.

We will address on Monday morning with service centre.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Atom80 again your freaking amazing and go above and beyond once again. I thought this was the case and I've been on the phone and sent several emails and kept getting the same response. Very glad you got in touch I almost sent the laptop back today and my cost.

Here is the details for my RMA # USN-1770095 and the gentleman that's dealing with me is called Edward.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hear back from you guys about what to do next to get it fixed since I've been trying not to use it for the last week since the lid starting to come apart.

Cheers for the help!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80 again your freaking amazing and go above and beyond once again. I thought this was the case and I've been on the phone and sent several emails and kept getting the same response. Very glad you got in touch I almost sent the laptop back today and my cost.

Here is the details for my RMA # USN-1770095 and the gentleman that's dealing with me is called Edward.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hear back from you guys about what to do next to get it fixed since I've been trying not to use it for the last week since the lid starting to come apart.

Cheers for the help!

Hi nobody_230,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but after looking at your case with HQ service contact this morning, we discover that you are in Florida, not in the UK - it was UK warranty policy that we were referring to. In fairness we also weren't aware it differed from country to country, but apparently so.

So unfortunately we cannot alter this policy from our side of the pond and you will need to follow the guidance from USA service centre or HQ - We believe "Jane" from our HQ service team is also in contact with you, so hopefully you will receive communication from her today.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Hi Atom,

Yeah I now live in Florida moved here a few months ago to be with my Wife. I was also unaware that it was different from country to country. When I was deciding on a new Laptop 17 months ago I specificity chose Gigabyte for its Global warranty since i travel a lot for work. Now to find out that you dont offer the same level of service globally is somewhat of a let down to be honest. Guess I should have bought from Overclockers in the UK from Gigabyte as i'm not protected either way now by defects.

I guess I now need to make the decision to ship the laptop to California for an RMA just to glue to lid back together at my own cost. Is a couple hundred dollars worth shipping for some glue is the question.

Thanks for your help Atom80 youve always made working with costumer service with issues a pleasure. Unfortunately rhis time its out of your hands.

Thanks

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Yeah I now live in Florida moved here a few months ago to be with my Wife. I was also unaware that it was different from country to country. When I was deciding on a new Laptop 17 months ago I specificity chose Gigabyte for its Global warranty since i travel a lot for work. Now to find out that you dont offer the same level of service globally is somewhat of a let down to be honest. Guess I should have bought from Overclockers in the UK from Gigabyte as i'm not protected either way now by defects.

I guess I now need to make the decision to ship the laptop to California for an RMA just to glue to lid back together at my own cost. Is a couple hundred dollars worth shipping for some glue is the question.

Thanks for your help Atom80 youve always made working with costumer service with issues a pleasure. Unfortunately rhis time its out of your hands.

Thanks

Hi nobody_230,

Its certainly not a perfect situation, and the warranty does cover you outside of the original country of purchase, hence being international. But yes there are some differences in each country. However, I have just spoken to our HQ to confirm the following; Yes you do need to pay the collection courier charge to get it to the RMA centre, but the unit is still under warranty so you will not be charged for any parts or labour on this repair, and Gigabyte will cover the cost of returning the unit to you, so the cost should be reasonable. More than a tube of glue yes, but still reasonable.

Hope that helps in some way, sorry we cannot assist more.

Regards,

Atom80

Back
Top Bottom