Gigabyte P965 DS3 not holding overclocks?

Northwind2

N

Northwind2

I'm having a bit of an odd problem with my DS3 currently... Basically, no matter how I set an FSB overclock, it seems to fall off when the machine powers off. The RAM timings and other options remain in place but the FSB returns to stock each time. The BIOS and drivers are up to date. Before I go ahead and download and reinstall them again, has anyone else come across this with the DS3?

Northwind2

N

Northwind2

OP
Not sure it's relevant tbh, but it's an old Pentium D 2.8, which runs comfortably at 3.4, it has a few thousand hours at that clock probably. Ram is Geil 6400 at 4-4-4-12 but the exact same issue occurred with my old RAM, which was some sort of Samsung 4200 at 5-5-5-15 (I think). It's on the F12 BIOS.

The PC runs perfectly as long as the overclock sticks, I ran orthos on it for 72 hours over the last weekend without a blip, but when it restarts the FSB is back to 200, (even though it shows 240 whenever I access the BIOS) All the other settings seem to be acted out properly.

Soldato
Not sure it's relevant tbh

Just out of interest, how do you expect anybody to be able to help with a hardware problem when you post no information on what hardware you are running ?

As it happens the F12 bios does that with me as well. The answer (for me ) was to flash to the F10 bios. All settings now stay "stuck" after making changes with no problems at all. The F12 bios is really for Quad cores and is not the best for duals or singles.

Northwind2

N

Northwind2

OP
Thanks for that, very helpful, I'll revert to the older BIOS.

Not to be a ****, but I did state that I have the most up to date BIOS, which is the F12, and that seems to be the only relevant detail, which is why I didn't provide any more info. I don't want to sound ungrateful, just explaining myself here. I do usually post full spec of parts that seem likely to affect the issue.

Thanks again

Northwind2

N

Northwind2

OP
Just a wee follow up, F10 bios as expected sorted the problem immediately- thanks again for the assist, that saved me an awful lot of trial and error.

Back
Top Bottom