Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi Dead?

Associate
Hi All,

My first post so please be gentle with me :)

I built the following system almost exactly 2 years ago:
Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
2 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3466MHz
MSI RTX 2080 Ventus 8Gb
Boot device is Samsung 512Gb 970 Pro M.2 NVMe
Case is be Quiet! PRO900
PSU is be Quiet 750W modular unit

My previous self-build was about 8 years old and I felt like treating myself. The idea was general home and light business use but likely to be making use of Oculus Rift S and successors as VR grew, but work has pretty much overtaken domestic bliss and this PC only gets used once or twice a week.

I used it on Christmas Eve and all was fine. Shutdown normally (I never, ever leave it to sleep). Switched on again on Boxing Day to watch live football and... PC will not boot.

All I am getting is cycling LED numbers finishing with 15. The full sequence is:
C0 63 67 48 3E 90 (brief pause) 14 15. The numbers change rapidly but I think this is correct.

I've checked all connections, re-seated the RAM, re-seated the GPU and replaced the CMOS battery just in case, but nothing has made any difference. I'm running out of ideas. I've raised a support request with Gigabyte but their system warns replies will take 3-7 business days. I have some time off and am thinking the error may well be terminal, so I'm considering a re-build of sorts.

Code 15 in the motherboard manual says "Pre-memory North-Bridge initialization is started", but that doesn't mean much to me.

Can anyone help any further please? If it is a dead board, I'm unimpressed after barely 2 years.

Happy New Year and thanks in advance,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom