Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Issue with Soundblaster AE-5

Soldato
Well as the title suggests, after upgrading from an MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC X470 to a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7, my soundblaster AE-5 seems to no longer get detected, the driver installs fine, but just states in a blue bar at the bottom that no audio device was found, I have heard a couple of things about problems with Gigabyte boards and Creative soundcards, but not been able to find a fix, does anyone here know of a work around or experienced similar issues ?

e0ra6x.jpg

Soldato
OP
OK new day, problem solved, disabled onboard audio, re-installed the AMD chipset drivers, and reinstalled the sound blaster drivers, it then started working.

Just like to add, what an amazing motherboard and a great job on the VRMs Gigabyte, not seen them go over 70oC yet with IBT AVX, Prime 95 or OCCT linpack yet, im custom water cooling with no additional cooling to the VRM area.

Last edited:
Associate
Glad you got that sorted.

Yes the motherboard is good indeed, i have the same as you as you might know as well as possibly some other people as well and i have yet to do a review on this board when it is up and running.

Soldato
OP
Glad you got that sorted.

Yes the motherboard is good indeed, i have the same as you as you might know as well as possibly some other people as well and i have yet to do a review on this board when it is up and running.

Thanks, its the best AM4 board ive had yet for temps, I mean its bloody roasting here at the moment, temps in my flat are reading 28oC, so check out these board temps:

2rf5wz9.jpg

Man of Honour
I've been surprised - I'm using a large passive CPU block with a single low speed 120mm fan strapped to it and a fair bit of extra voltage as my CPU needs quite a bit to overclock - hasn't gone over 59C despite the weather so far.

Back
Top Bottom