Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Soldato
I have noticed there are quite a lot of owners out there so thought it deserved its own thread.

Really pleased with mine. On BIOS F10 atm but will be updating to F11 soon. No issues to report so far. I have noticed that some settings can be changed in two different places in the BIOS. Does it matter which you use? If only set in one place how did it know which takes precedence? Thinking of memory settings primarily.

Very solid board quite literally, think it weighs about 1.5kg!

Associate
Hi , mine arrived yesterday , so going to start build with a custom water loop this weekend , all new parts case , power supply and 3900x so hoping all goes to plan.
one question is that I have an alphacool GPU block with LED's and wondered where is the best place to connect to the MB ? has both a 3 pin fan connector type plug and a 4 pin type of adaptor with one pin taken out ?
Other questions regarding the sensors , it looks like two temp probs and 1 noise , where have you mounted these ?

Soldato
Hi , mine arrived yesterday , so going to start build with a custom water loop this weekend , all new parts case , power supply and 3900x so hoping all goes to plan.
one question is that I have an alphacool GPU block with LED's and wondered where is the best place to connect to the MB ? has both a 3 pin fan connector type plug and a 4 pin type of adaptor with one pin taken out ?
The one with pin taken out
Is for addressable leds
The other for standard leds
Addressable are only 5v so don't
Put those on 4 pin 12v

Associate
The one with pin taken out
Is for addressable leds
The other for standard leds
Addressable are only 5v so don't
Put those on 4 pin 12v
thanks for the reply , so do you think my gpu block leds will be 12v ?

I just checked the alphacool website and it says that they are 5 v addressable , sorry I read your reply again and that's what you said :)

Soldato
Hello everyone.

Loving the board.

Wish it had a headphone socket on the back. That would have been awesome.

Cant hear the pch fan.

Loving the fan headers.

Not loving the crappy SIV software to control them. Will likely uninstall and go with bios config only.

Quality board and my first gigabyte after years of asus.

Soldato
Hello everyone.

Loving the board.

Wish it had a headphone socket on the back. That would have been awesome.

Cant hear the pch fan.

Loving the fan headers.

Not loving the crappy SIV software to control them. Will likely uninstall and go with bios config only.

Quality board and my first gigabyte after years of asus.

i think aorus use DACs for Front Case Headphone Jack , and is almost on equal term as the rear . They have Yellow USB sockets for gaming Headsets that run on isolated pathways as well

Soldato
I do have an annoying air flow/temp issue. Seems my cpu temp is just at the point where the fan yoyos.

Not sure why. Mobo is oscillating volts etc.

Thought I'd got rid of it, but it's back with avengence.

Associate
Finally got around to building my machine on Friday using the Master. Far from an easy build had a lot of issues actually getting it to boot. The fan was noisy as anything though I upgraded the bios to F11 earlier so hoping this sorts that out.

CLC 280 I bought must have a faulty pump as it makes some strange noise so that’s going back. Luckily I had a Kraken X62 to hand to replace it with.

Managed to kill two sata drives somehow just taking them out of my old machine and leaving them on an anti static bag. The one I’m bothered about hadn’t been backed up in a while so that’s another thing to deal with.

Soldato
OP
Finally got around to building my machine on Friday using the Master. Far from an easy build had a lot of issues actually getting it to boot. The fan was noisy as anything though I upgraded the bios to F11 earlier so hoping this sorts that out.

CLC 280 I bought must have a faulty pump as it makes some strange noise so that’s going back. Luckily I had a Kraken X62 to hand to replace it with.

Managed to kill two sata drives somehow just taking them out of my old machine and leaving them on an anti static bag. The one I’m bothered about hadn’t been backed up in a while so that’s another thing to deal with.

Wonder why you had boot issues? I had a very easy time of it. The later BIOS versions are better. Are you aware the outside of antistatic bags are conductive?

I thought the Master was a very nice quality board when I built it, lots of options.

Associate
Hi , just got mine stable ., finally found I had an issue using a PCI-e riser cable , giving me all sorts of issues , thought it was the gfx card but hey feeling better now , just need to add the gfx water block tomorrow and tidy up . Also updated to F11 bios was delivered on F5, can't fault the Motherboard so far.

Associate
Wonder why you had boot issues? I had a very easy time of it. The later BIOS versions are better. Are you aware the outside of antistatic bags are conductive?

I thought the Master was a very nice quality board when I built it, lots of options.
Now I am a bit to late sadly :(

The machine just randomly rebooted earlier so something isn’t quite right.

Soldato
Hi , just got mine stable ., finally found I had an issue using a PCI-e riser cable , giving me all sorts of issues , thought it was the gfx card but hey feeling better now , just need to add the gfx water block tomorrow and tidy up . Also updated to F11 bios was delivered on F5, can't fault the Motherboard so far.
Interesting. Where you get it from? I got my from ocuk and it came with f11. I wondered if it was a return, as its hard to know as the boxes aren't sealed. Tbf it looked immaculate (cling film on board vrms, tape on static bag etc) , but was surprised to see the latest bios still.

Associate
Interesting. Where you get it from? I got my from ocuk and it came with f11. I wondered if it was a return, as its hard to know as the boxes aren't sealed. Tbf it looked immaculate (cling film on board vrms, tape on static bag etc) , but was surprised to see the latest bios still.
No mine didn’t come from OCUK, I got my cpu and Gfx card from them though.
But same with the box and the tape over the heat sinks but like yours the box isn’t sealed which is poor from Gigabyte , I guess it’s been on the shelf a while to have f5 bios in though

Last edited:
Associate
I may have found the rebooting issue. It seems to be my Xonar D2X. I’ve always heard it make a click noise when it powers so after a clean Windows 10 install I went to install the Xonar drivers as soon as the carded made the click noise the machine rebooted. Unplugged the power cable and have not had a random reboot since.

It’s a shame as I prefer the card to the onboard Realtek one.

Associate
Mine seems to be finished , I do have two more sticks of ram coming and some orange dye , just finishing touches though I hope.
My only problem was to do with using a Corsair PCIe 3.0 x16 riser cable , the gfx card wouldn't post 95% of the time , don't know if its because the card I have is supposed to be PCIe 4.0 , strange thing was my old vega 54 card would work every time but that is pcie 3.0

Man of Honour
Mine seems to be finished , I do have two more sticks of ram coming and some orange dye , just finishing touches though I hope.
My only problem was to do with using a Corsair PCIe 3.0 x16 riser cable , the gfx card wouldn't post 95% of the time , don't know if its because the card I have is supposed to be PCIe 4.0 , strange thing was my old vega 54 card would work every time but that is pcie 3.0
You need to set the PCIe in the bios as 3.0 IIRC, the cable isn't compatible with 4.0

Back
Top Bottom