Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
I have the standard Pro (no wifi) with "Team Group 8Pack RIPPED Edition 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C14 3600MHz" memory and not had any issues on any BIOS version, currently on F36a.

Probably not much help other than to say mine works and can't really think of anything that would cause your issue but also...

Previous BIOS versions would auto set VDDG to 1050mv but the latest version left it on auto which would sometimes give me WHEA errors, found out the latest BIOS seems to limit that to <1000mv now.
So now have VDDG set to 999 and also manually set VDDP to 950mv.
Mem is at 1.44v with manually set tighter than stock timings.

ZyrNgTB.png

Associate
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. Ryzen DRAM calculator recommended 950-1000 for VDDG so I think I started playing with that. But again, I don't think it stuck.

It's like it's retraining and failing when I reboot, and sticking to base JEDEC. I've put in timings from the calculator although not got the FCLK and MCLK to play ball.

Soldato
OP
I've just updated to W11, not noticed any issues so far.....went extremely smoothly.....which made me nervous lol
Will upgrade the bios as soon as the next non-beta is released.
I have to say these boards were expensive but have been very easy to use and no problems to speak of. I know there are people that aren't a fan of Gigabyte but I'd buy another one of their boards and I've always had MSI until the Aorus Master.

Soldato
Just upgraded to f36e.

Seems stable with XMP. But my flck is screwed. I've had to run it at stock 1800 to get it stable in Windows. Plenty of cinebench runs through and a couple of hours of Forza.

Use to run at 1866 and have my ram at 3733..

I might need to work with voltages.

Soldato
ok. even stock bios and my graphics card was giving nvidia driver issues.
Flashed back to f34 and all seems normal. This is annoying, as I need to update for the 5800x3d or future chips.

Soldato
ok. even stock bios and my graphics card was giving nvidia driver issues.
Flashed back to f34 and all seems normal. This is annoying, as I need to update for the 5800x3d or future chips.
Well the lower case letter means beta (good obfuscation there Gigabyte, that's really clear and informative). Gigabyte have been very slow at getting final versions out using the latest AGESA, the most recent one is F35 from January which uses 1.2.0.5 (I am using this version).

Associate
@lnoton What sort of issues? I've just installed a 5800X3D in this board (F36e) with my 3090FE. I did however use "NVCleanstall" to install the drivers (Minimal).
It's all running perfectly.

Soldato
@lnoton What sort of issues? I've just installed a 5800X3D in this board (F36e) with my 3090FE. I did however use "NVCleanstall" to install the drivers (Minimal).
It's all running perfectly.

All sorts of crap. WHEA errors galore, random reboots. I think this relates to my FCLK Infinity Fabric if I recall, so I put that all back to default.

Also getting nvmdllm errors or what ever they are called from the nvidia driver.

I've gone back to F34 for the time being. Thankfully I can flash back to an older version...I thought I read somewhere once you hit f35 you can't go back..must have been wrong info or I misread.

I could probably do more testing, but I had BIOS at default and no overclocks on the graphics card.

Do you overclock your IF or underclock your GFX?

I am running windows 11...perhaps I could go back to windows 10.. or do a fresh install of 10 or 11.

But going back to F34 with all my FCLK and undervolts seems to have resolved the issue, so its not as if something else has happened at the same time as updating the BIOS.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
F36e here all good, all stock except XMP for the RAM and an old AMD GPU 5830 :eek:

Edit: Running W10 so that may be a factor

Last edited:
Soldato
All sorts of crap. WHEA errors galore, random reboots. I think this relates to my FCLK Infinity Fabric if I recall, so I put that all back to default.

Also getting nvmdllm errors or what ever they are called from the nvidia driver.

I've gone back to F34 for the time being. Thankfully I can flash back to an older version...I thought I read somewhere once you hit f35 you can't go back..must have been wrong info or I misread.

I could probably do more testing, but I had BIOS at default and no overclocks on the graphics card.

Do you overclock your IF or underclock your GFX?

I am running windows 11...perhaps I could go back to windows 10.. or do a fresh install of 10 or 11.

But going back to F34 with all my FCLK and undervolts seems to have resolved the issue, so its not as if something else has happened at the same time as updating the BIOS.
Gigabyte changed it so you can flash back, but they did originally stop you.

Soldato
I've rolled back to windows 10. 1 whea warning in event viewer back in Jan.

I have several logged from the 19th since installing W11 on the 16th.

Im going to do a clean install of Windows 10 running f34.

Then I'll check all is sound with my BIOS settings and then update the bios again.

Back
Top Bottom