Gigabyte X79 G1 Assassin 2 problem

Permabanned
Problem with the board is the pci-e 16x don't work with my GPU top and bottom but the middle 8x works.
There is no monitor connection with them just a blank screen rest of pc boots up but monitor wont come on.
Tried with both bios f10/11 still same so does this sound like faulty board or is there a fix.

Specs are :

i7 3820
GPU asus 7870
PSU AX 760

Thanks for any help

Permabanned
OP
having nothing but trouble with this board was a B-grade but looks like it was an ex display,gonna try different gpu also got some more ram coming in morning from elsewhere which i thought was cancelled but they decided too take the money and send the ram anyway.Gonna check the pins on the cpu socket see if any got bent during install (hope not)
Might just DSR the lot back and get IB if i can nothing has been overclocked as of yet wanted to get it all running 1st.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Ok i have tried a Nvidia gt430 in the top pci x16 slot and it worked so then tried my new 7870 and it didnt work (i removed drivers etc and removed cmos battery) so i then tried an AMD 6770 and that worked in the top slot so i guess its the 7870.Ill DSR that and maybe get a 7950 if the price is right

Back
Top Bottom