Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Owners Thread.

Associate
I know many of you have probably moved on from this board but some may still have it. I am on bios F22m and I keep getting "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)" in device manager every time I make any change in the bios even a fan setting and consequently some of the USB ports stop working. People say you need to update the thunderbolt firmware but I have the latest firmware. Personally, I don't think this has got anything to do with the thunderbolt. The only way to get rid of it is to switch the pc off and remove the power cable for a few minutes then the error disappears from device manager until you go into the bios again and make "ANY" change to anything. Since updating the thunderbolt firmware requires removing the power cable, it appears that the thunderbolt firmware is the issue but it is not.

Associate
I know many of you have probably moved on from this board but some may still have it. I am on bios F22m and I keep getting "Unknown USB Device (Link In Compliance Mode)" in device manager every time I make any change in the bios even a fan setting and consequently some of the USB ports stop working. People say you need to update the thunderbolt firmware but I have the latest firmware. Personally, I don't think this has got anything to do with the thunderbolt. The only way to get rid of it is to switch the pc off and remove the power cable for a few minutes then the error disappears from device manager until you go into the bios again and make "ANY" change to anything. Since updating the thunderbolt firmware requires removing the power cable, it appears that the thunderbolt firmware is the issue but it is not.
I too still get this error but I would just update the firmware every time to get rid of it. Gigabyte have been no help at all.

Don
Hi guys,

Am I right in thinking, if I add a PCI-E x8 NIC to one of the slots on this board, it will reduce the speed of my 2080TI (changing the port to 8x from 16x)?

edit

After reading the website and manual, it seems I can use the last PCI-E port, which will run at 4X, but using this means I can only run 1x NVME drive, so I'll need to unpopulate the M2H_32G port.

Last edited:
Associate
Gigabyte gave me bios F22p which fixes this issue. It's not available on their website though. Let me know if anyone wants it.

Associate
The first time you update the bios to F22p, you will get the USB error in device manager. Just remove the power cable for a few minutes then the error will be gone. You won't get this error again after making any change in the bios.

Associate
Gigabyte gave me bios F22p which fixes this issue. It's not available on their website though. Let me know if anyone wants it.

Hi maklabouhlel any chance of a copy of the F22p bios please, i have been suffering with this USB issue for ages and have never got to the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance

Associate
Hello everyone, I'm using the latest F22m BIOS and I have been receiving warnings from my SIV saying that my CPU Vcore is under 0.65V when idle. Is this something i should worry about?

CPU: i7 6700K
PSU: Seasonic SS-860XP
Ram: HyperX HX424C15FB3/8 DDR4 2400 CL15 (8x2)

Associate
I have one of these boards and i'm not that techy. Should i update the bios? should i update all the board drivers in general?

would i see any benefits? i use it for fps gaming.

cheers for any help

CPU I7 6700k
Ram 16 gig ram
GFX 1060 6gb

Associate
Here is the link.

Thank you! I've spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to identify and fix the issue with this rogue USB device only to find out it was due to Thunderbolt and the secret bios you were given solved the problem!

I installed the BIOS update easily enough (just stick the files on a blank USB, boot and press 'END' on startup to flash it), then I was finally able to run the Thunderbolt FW update that is available on the Gigabyte website (after installing the Thunderbolt drivers as instructed).

Thunderbolt finally appeared as an option in the BIOS after completing the FW update, previously there was no mention of Thunderbolt anywhere in the BIOS.

Everything works perfectly. It's really irritating that Gigabyte haven't made this BIOS update available publicly.

I owe you a beer mate.

Associate
Thank you! I've spent more time than I'd care to admit trying to identify and fix the issue with this rogue USB device only to find out it was due to Thunderbolt and the secret bios you were given solved the problem!

I installed the BIOS update easily enough (just stick the files on a blank USB, boot and press 'END' on startup to flash it), then I was finally able to run the Thunderbolt FW update that is available on the Gigabyte website (after installing the Thunderbolt drivers as instructed).

Thunderbolt finally appeared as an option in the BIOS after completing the FW update, previously there was no mention of Thunderbolt anywhere in the BIOS.

Everything works perfectly. It's really irritating that Gigabyte haven't made this BIOS update available publicly.

I owe you a beer mate.
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom