Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming Owners Thread

Caporegime
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming owners thread.

DSC_0108.jpg

OcUK Z370 Ultra Gaming Product page - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...cket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-55v-gi.html

Gigabyte Ultra Gaming Homepage - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10#kf

Features

DSC_0109.jpg

Here we have six SATA 6Gb/s ports and next to them is a Thunderbolt connector for an add-in card.

DSC_0123.jpg

This is the audio section made up with Realtek® ALC1220 CODEC along with WIMA Audio Capacitors (The red ones) and Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors.

DSC_0112.jpg

At the bottom of his image is a USB3.1 and USB3.1 TypeC connectors.

DSC_0119.jpg

• PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port
• 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 ports (these are also the USB DAC-UP ports to use)
• DVI-D port
• USB 3.1 Gen2
• USB Type-C
• 2 X USB 3.1 Gen1 ports
• HDMI
• Intel NIC
• 2 X USB 2.0/1.1 ports
• 7.1 Digital Audio and S/PDIF optical

DSC_0115.jpg

• PCI-E 1X Slot
• PCI-E 16X slot (8 X when in SLI/Crossfire)
• PCI-E 1X slot
• PCI-E 8X slot
• PCI-E 1 X
• PCI-E 4 X (takes bandwidth from two of the PCI-E 1X slots)

DSC_0116.jpg

Two M.2 32Gb/S connectors with the top one supporting type 22110 and the lower supporting 2280 length devices.

DSC_0122.jpg

Support for RGBW and digital LED strips etc.

DSC_0121.jpg

There are plenty of fan headers dotted around this board, these are a hybrid fan header and can detect what is connected onto them. There are also 6 temperature sensors located around this board so combined with Smart fan 5 you have more control than ever before.

DSC_0120.jpg

Overclocking guide

LED lighting

This gives a good idea on what to expect, the boards not exactly the same but its close enough.

So there we have it, a solid board with a 3 year warranty that could be a good upgrade if you are coming from a much older generation CPU+Chipset.

You have a number of bells and whistles on this board such as the RGBW and Digital LED strip control, the slightly upgraded audio and a few other little tweaks that I haven't mentioned but are in the link to the Gigabyte product page to make this board even more durable and long lasting.

So lets see what you end users think of your Ultra Gaming boards.

Associate
Just bought one and only just now I am seeing reviews on how the VRM heats too much even at stock. Should I return while the board is still sealed?
* I opened one of the Haribo packs :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ughhh feel dirty now after clicking a OC3D link.

Not sure if he has a duff board or not but the board is fine for use and mild overclocking, if you are worried about it then use a heatsink+fan rather than an AIO that doesnt blow air over the vrm area.

Associate
Rub it well :p hehe. Seems the problem is the lack of connection between the VRM and the heatsink.

Yes, will have a Dark Rock 3 plus two or three fans for intake at the front. It is a Fractal Design Meshify C. I expect a very good air flow.

Associate
I recently bought gigabyte Aorus Z370 motherboard and Today I'd like to make my personal review about it

first of all this is not the first Gigabyte motherboard for me this is maybe number 5 or 6 , and really I used to be happy with Gigabyte motherboards in terms of reliability , performance, designing , price , so always Gigabyte is my choice for motherboards and gpus too

when I started looking at the new Z370 motherboards I was confused between many Gigabyte Z370 models but at the end I found the aorus Z370 Gaming 5 the best price/performance one , a motherboard with all these features for Only 200£ , so I picked it up with intel core I7 8700K processor and dual samsung 860 evo m.2 ssds

before Installing my motherboard inside my case I didn't expect the overall look but really I didn't worry about this point and I was sure the motherboard will fit with any build whatever the colors of the build components because the motherboard is black And covered with awesome customizable RGB LED lights , and really was what I expected

after powering up my pc , jumped to the bios and it was very easy and simple also looks very well , then I enabled the m.2 raid and it was the most excited part for me

To Be Honest I Was Looking For An External Sound Card Or DAC But After Trying The Sound Card I Didn't I Didn't Believe The Sound Quality Of The Sound Card Really Didn't Expect This Awesome sound quality from motherboard build in sound card so I decided to Keep it my main sound card and I really very happy with it with my audio technica headset

then I decided to Start the most important part the ( overclocking experience ) , I was able to overclock my I7 8700K to 5.2GHZ for 1.310V and really the overclocking experience was very safe and stable

here is what I aike about the motherboard:
- stylish and up to date design
- customizable RGB LED
- triple m.2 slots
- pci-e and ram slots metal shield
- awesome onboard sound card
- smart fan option

this was my feedback about my new gigabyte aorus Z370 gaming 5 , if you are looking for a Z370 motherboard with awesome features and good Price , of course you will find What You dream with this motherboard.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

Rating 4/5

I had been on an i5 2500k since 2011 and I felt that minimum framerates in PUBG, BF1 and other games weren't as good as I wanted them to be, I also felt that it would be a good moment to upgrade seeing as there were now a few options for 6 core processors. So I took the plunge and got 16GB of DDR4, an i7-8700 and this GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming.

Why Gigabyte? Well, my experience has always been good, their products are always well made (I currently have a Gigabyte nVidia GTX 980), they have a UK based technical support site, so any unlikely RMA would be dealt with quickly.

The Ultra Gaming represents a good balance in between features and price, in particular I have been impressed with the following:

- Smart Fan profiles, in my previous computer the fans were always running at full speed, so it was quite noisy. With the Gigabyte you can easily customise the fan profiles for all your fans, which results in a much quieter and pleasant experience.
- Great Audio quality. The on-board audio is step up from the usual on-board solutions present in other boards, it is very clear and in addition it provides difficult to drive headphones with sufficient power to drive them.
- 6 SATA ports, I have 5 SATA devices so it is good to see this board supporting so many drives out of the box.
- Finally the board looks very good and modern, in particular with the LEDs, which can be configured at your heart's content.

I am aware of the overclocking abilities of the board, but as I am only sporting a non-K CPU variant I was not able to test this.

Why the 4 stars? Well, the computer is fine, the BIOS is fine but my computer now takes a few extra seconds to boot compared to my old i5 2500k, I have updated all the drivers, firmware and BIOS and nothing has changed. At any rate, this is only a minor point compared to all the positives so this board earns a recommendation from me.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was a painful reading experience. Will likely be doing some builds around this board in the year though, great to read some positive feedback.

Soldato
I'll also be upgrading from an i5 2500k, I had my eyes on this board and after reading your review I think my decision is made.

Do you have the Aorus 3, 5 or 7?

I have the Ultra Gaming - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10#kf

The upgrade was great and fairly easy to do, I went for the i7 8700 because I managed to get it for 8600k prices. Minimum framerates have improved across the board, to be honest I have been surprised at the impact the upgrade has made, I wasn't expecting it to make such a big difference!

@Ezyryder found that i could hit 3600hz ram with the i5 8400 - which is also non K- guessing your 8700 might be able to overclock ram slightly higher :D

Wow, that is really good, is that on this board? I don't think my memory is as good as yours, but I will give it a go later. One thing with mine is that if I loaded the XMP profile and left it like that I had some crashes in games and other issues and had to tweak it a bit to make sure it did not crash.

Also, I think I have managed to resolve the issue with the slow boot, it now boots as fast (or faster) than the old pc, funnily enough I had to disable fast boot in Windows, which doesn't make much sense, but there you go.

Associate
I got the same mobo for my latest build, been on Asus for a long time before. Got it mainly for the price and amount of fan headers.
Ok so the board works, but compared to Asus, Bios is awful imho, very confusing to use/how it works and the windows apps are very crappy compared to the Asus ones, again confusing and for me not even working properly. Actually they don't even work anymore, they crash at start.
I'm really thinking of getting an Asus board again just to get rid of this one.
I hate the bios and apps, I feel like I cannot tweak anything, especially the fans, how am I supposed to tweak them if I cant be in Windows under load. Computer is too loud right now.
Again it works stably, that's not the issue, it's just the awful bios/apps.

Associate
Hey guys I bought the Z370 Aorus Ultra gaming MoBo before Xmas to upgrade my old system along with a Intel i5 8600K CPU. I am so happy with this purchase. It's been over 7 years since I built my first system and it was so easy setting everything up with this motherboard. The RGB lighting looks amazing through my case window and overclocking was really simple to do. Being able to update your BIOS through the Gigabyte program makes that process so much easier to carry out. I highly recommend this Mobo to anyone.

Associate
I'm having a few issues with boot up on the Ultra Gaming.
I have an 8700K, 1 x NVMe SSD, 1 x SATA SSD, 2 x SATA HDD, 4 x External USB HDD (connected through a USB3 hub)

This issue occured with stadard settings, and I've changed a few things but with no effect

When I switch on the computer, the system hangs at the BIOS screen, I then switch it off and quickly switch it back on again and it the sites at the BIOS screen (prior to the 'Press DEL' prompt) for 10 to 20 seconds, then boots up. It looks like the BIOS is waiting on the USB drives to spin up first, if I remove the USB drives, then the system passes through the BIOS screen in a second or two.
Unplugging these each time isn't really viable, they are connected at the back and I use them often once booted up.
I have tried adjusting settings to help with this - the boot priority is set to only use the NVMe SSD, there is nothing else permitted for booting up (not even USB). I've also updated the USB settings so that the drives are each manually specified as HDDs rather than the defauly 'Auto'. Nothing there seems to work.

The only way I have been able to get passed this with a BIOS change is to enabled Fast Boot. However, when Fast Boot is enabled, the system does not seem to recognise the NVMe SSD at all, I just get a message telling me to enter a valid boot device.

Has anyone else come across this issue? I'd would have thought the issue would just be to tell the BIOS not to boot from USB, but that doen't seem to have worked

Edit: In case my terminology was incorrect, by NVMe SSD, I mean one connected via the M.2 connector on PCIe

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys I bought the Z370 Aorus Ultra gaming MoBo before Xmas to upgrade my old system along with a Intel i5 8600K CPU. I am so happy with this purchase. It's been over 7 years since I built my first system and it was so easy setting everything up with this motherboard. The RGB lighting looks amazing through my case window and overclocking was really simple to do. Being able to update your BIOS through the Gigabyte program makes that process so much easier to carry out. I highly recommend this Mobo to anyone.

be careful with over software BIOS updates. Im lazy and do that way to but when i've built system with gigabyte boards are other brands that allow the same I tell them to do it via USB and bios - just takes one program to crash windows for it to go bad :(

get some pics up of the bad boy :D

Back
Top Bottom